change grips with throttle mister installed

willoby61726

Reaction score
Visit site
hey all! i have a 2004 and it already had the throttle mister cruise control installed( previous owner i think but not sure) it has the factory grips and i want to change the grips but dont know how to due to the cruise control being at the end of the grip. any help as to how to get the grips off would be appreciated.:rockon:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
1st you'll need to take the Throttlemeisters bar ends off by using an allen/hex wrench. Be careful not to loose the spacers/washers when you take the bar ends off.

2nd you'll have to take a adjustable wrench or a wrench that fits and take the male-to-male adapter off.

3rd simply take the handle grips off.

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,
Don't know anything about getting the Throttle Meister off, but once it & the other regular bar weight is off then get a small blade common screwdriver & some WD40 (or even some Windex if you don't have WD40).
Work the screwdriver between the grip & the bar squirting the stuff liberally & work the screwdriver all the way around the bar till it moves around the bar & all the way up to the far end of the grip & then just slip it off.
Clean off the bar & squirt some Windex on the bar & in the new grip & work it on the bar. It needs to sit for a few hrs. to dry out before you start torqueing it around.
Pretty simple really. Some guys use compressed air - I have a large air compressor & it's piped into my garage, but this easily worked for me w.o. needing compressed air. :Flash: