Set up your suspension (generic)

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
There is a wealth of suspension tuning information available here: Catalyst Reaction

Dave Moss shows up at track days around the US to provide trackside suspension tuning. This guy knows his craft, and if you have the chance to use his service you should take advantage.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a wealth of suspension tuning information available here: Catalyst Reaction

Dave Moss shows up at track days around the US to provide trackside suspension tuning. This guy knows his craft, and if you have the chance to use his service you should take advantage.

thats awesome... he even has sheets to keep track of your setting for race and track days! thanks :thumbup:

reiobard: aren't you going to the track this weekend?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
don't need to look on the ohlins site.... just click on the attached pic in my first post. :thumbup: it is all there for you!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been wanting to actually set up my R6 forks since I got them last year. I just tinkered with them over the summer and found a sweet spot, but didn't actually get them dialed in like they could be. This should help! Thanks!

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, i know nothing about setting up suspension, sag, rake or whatever else there is. I have an 07 and have the stock suspension. My question is, I am 5'9" and weight 170lbs, i know the front can't be changed but what should the rear be set to. I know it's hard to answer because everyone has different riding styles but i like it to be firm but still be able to absorb to bump, and for turns or cornering to be tight but be smooth. I have adjusted it in the past to what i feel is right, but the sad part is, when I go to adjust it I'm not sure where the marker is to let me know what number it's on (it sounds stupid i know), and someone told me for the rear set up you should push down the rear and it should just come back to it's position without bouncing, just push and it comes back. So, can someone tell me where the marker is?