Hot Weather gear?

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Already, I can tell wearing my traditional black leather jacket is going to be too hot come probably less than a month from now. I see that HavBlue recommends Cortech GX-Air leather. I have looked at the Technic Freestyle but this jacket supposedly doesn't have much air circulation. Soon, it will sometimes exceed 100 Farenheit in the Sacramento Valley area. Anybody else care to comment on hot-weather protective gear/jacket? I'll continue searching the forum.

W

wrightme43

I have the Joe rocket phoniex jacket and pant. Its mesh and not ideal riding gear but better than nothing. I also have perf. leather jacket and pant by fieldsheer. Pour water on a tshirt and rock. LOL

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good luck, when it is over 100, i still wear my leather jacket, my philosophy is that i would rather sweat than bleed.

That being said, i am probably picking up a Moto GP textile this weekend that will be better for the hot months around here.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
good luck, when it is over 100, i still wear my leather jacket, my philosophy is that i would rather sweat than bleed.

That being said, i am probably picking up a Moto GP textile this weekend that will be better for the hot months around here.

allow me to rephrase what reiobard says..."if its too hot for gear, its too hot to ride" :thumbup:

I have a joe rocket mesh jacket that I wear year round.... whats cold weather again? :Flip::D

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Joe Rocket UFO Mesh Jacket is what I wear, also had the Pheonix 4.0. Both provide good air circulation and protection. Might want to upgrade the back protection though, comes with a foam pad protector, not CE rated. I upgraded to a Dianese spine protector, fits the jacket like a glove. For boots I just bought the Sidi Scorpion Air boots, I dont have them yet but they are supposed to provide excellent airflow to your feet. Anybody here have them?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Buell 3 season jacket, not sure who makes it, but it has panels that zip out and lots of zippers to open up the jacket. It helps a lot. I also have matching riding pants that have the panels and zip vents. Recently we have had "Houston" weather, muggy and hot, and I do get pretty toasty in it. I hate to see what August is going to be like...

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a plethora of gear, from a full leather suit to textile jacket and pants, and mesh jacket, and gloves in the whole range as well. I fI will be too uncomfortable to ride at my best (hot or cold), then I am in my car. That being said, I have currently 2 mesh jackets, one black, one pink (the pink is brand new and doesnt fit - anyone want to buy it?), and am looking at a new one from Shift, and contemplating mesh pants as well.

rottenkid

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Joe Rocket Pheonix 4.0 mesh jacket. I'm in Buffalo NY, last saturday it was 88 deg. I was very comfortable. Great jacket. $89 at New Enough.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Hot thanks to everybody who's posted/will post. (maybe will help others deciding, too). Believe it or not, some CHP motor officers around here ride (BMW) with short sleeve uniform shirt during hot months (ever see CHPs TV Show?). I'm going to try for some protective gear that is not going to be made stifling hot.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FirstGear Tex Mesh II jacket and FirstGear HT Air Mesh overpants. Great gear!

Azarias

Reaction score
Visit site

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're looking for gear to wear when you're out riding just for fun, I strongly recommend perforated leather...I find it to be much cooler than vented textile and fully on par with mesh when it comes to cooling; however, the proctection it provides is the best.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're looking for gear to wear when you're out riding just for fun, I strongly recommend perforated leather...I find it to be much cooler than vented textile and fully on par with mesh when it comes to cooling; however, the proctection it provides is the best.

Good point. When I was at Cycle Gear last time they had just gotten in some white Dainese perforated leather jackets. Man they look nice!

ccasey6

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried the mesh Alpinestar Sniper Air-Flo Jacket? It has C.E. rated elbow and shoulder armor with upgradable back and chest armor. I currently have a Scorpion Stinger Jacket which seems extremely heavy and hot even though it is perforated leather. Thanks!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
If I could wear my 1-piece perforated leather suit at all time I would...it's by far the most comfortable, coolest, and most protective get-up I have. But it's not always an option...I can't wear much under it, it attracts attention, and is a pain to get in and out of.

Textile and mesh will be cooler when you're sitting at a red light, but once you're moving I have found my perforated leather to be the best...just my experience though.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried the mesh Alpinestar Sniper Air-Flo Jacket? It has C.E. rated elbow and shoulder armor with upgradable back and chest armor. I currently have a Scorpion Stinger Jacket which seems extremely heavy and hot even though it is perforated leather. Thanks!

I have the Alpinestar Montery Jacket, it has a removable rain liner and a lot of venting, elbow and shoulder and back padding. stays pretty cool, I wore it in 90 degree temps, red lights get a little warm though.
e28200995.jpg

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
This is my jacket: Alpinestars T-Breeze Textile Jacket - Read Reviews and Buy at KneeDraggers.com

Not that cheap for what it is, but I find it to be a good all-around jacket. Great ventilation when moving, but the dark colors make it a little hot in stopped traffic. I find that the liner provides enough protection to wear a T-shirt with it down to about 50 degrees. I have tested it to the mid-80s and it works well as long as you are moving. It provides certified protection for the arms, with textile on the areas that are likely to hit the ground. Also, you can upgrade the back pad (it has a cheap foam one in it standard).

rottenkid

Reaction score
Visit site