NJ Ride - 12/3?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like another mild weekend coming up. Anyone interested in getting together for a ride?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is this still a go? I might be able to join you depending on the time frame.

Yup, still a go. Let me know what works best for everyone, but I figure we should start around 11 (let the air warm up a bit).

Minimal route: 12/3/2011 Route

I can add miles after snack stop if we decide we want to ride more :D

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
seems like a great last ride before winterizing. i'm interested, but may meet you at the first waypoint (farmers market?) if it's not too hard to coordinate. :D

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
seems like a great last ride before winterizing. i'm interested, but may meet you at the first waypoint (farmers market?) if it's not too hard to coordinate. :D

Yup, we'll be passing by Melick's market (B on the map). Don't have exact time yet.. still waiting to hear from few folks on best start time (looking like 10:30 at the moment).

Should be about an hour to get to the market. So figure ~11:30.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Motojoe can't go and my friend now thinks it might be too cold to ride, so he's not sure if he'll go at all.

I'm definitely going to ride, but need to know who else is in so we can agree on exact time.

Feel free to text me at 908 208 3 one 79

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
i definitely want to ride before winterizing. i don't have any heated gear so short of layering up, if it gets too cold, i won't be able to hang very long either (before slowly riding home with my tail between my legs), but willing to give it a go!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i definitely want to ride before winterizing. i don't have any heated gear so short of layering up, if it gets too cold, i won't be able to hang very long either (before slowly riding home with my tail between my legs), but willing to give it a go!

Yeah.. I don't have any heated gear either. Just lots of layers and Winter gloves. Hands always go first though. I plan to make frequent stops to warm up.. I'll also have hot chocolate with me :D (enough for anyone who shows up for the ride).

Since no one is coming from far away I think there's no need to start too early. I want to head out at about 11:30.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey i might be able to make it:thumbup: hope its not too cold...so is dewitt lane the starting point??

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey i might be able to make it:thumbup: hope its not too cold...so is dewitt lane the starting point??

Yup. There's a school across the street.. big parking lot. Can't miss it! Shoot for 11:30 :thumbup:

.. time to charge up my Contour :D

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't go until late afternoon, daugther's got track practice that time. It's a shame too seeing that your route comes close to where I normally ride at.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
edgeofnj and QwickFliCk showed up. Had an awesome ride!! 135 miles of back country roads.. unbelievably nice weather for December on East coast!
Stay tuned for video :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't laugh, but I start using my heated gear when it gets into the 60's. It's been in the 40's and 50's this week so it's definately in full use.