Looking for instruction information and tracks in Ohio

Thorspapa

Reaction score
Visit site
My oldest son and I have been riding dirt bikes, myself since my early 20s, now in my late 50s, he since his early teens to now his mid 20s. We also did some local Motocross racing for a while, though that stopped a few years ago.

Recently my oldest son bought a street bike to take his mind off Med school (whenever he gets a free hour to de-stress he rides the local scenic country roads). He saw a used 2009 FZ6 at the dealer while purchasing his bike and since the price was very reasonable I picked it up.

Now I'm starting to find out that dirt and road skills are slightly different, and to fully enjoy the street bike I would benefit from some instruction and some track time.

I live in Central Ohio. Can anyone point me to the closest (or maybe not closest, but best) place to do this?

What costs are associated with a couple of days of instruction and track time?

What safety gear is expected?

Will they provide a bike or do you bring your own?

If you bring your own, what do you have to do to make it track safe?

Also, please keep in mind I'm no longer a kid (see above age) :D Though I'm in relatively good physical shape and health, my needs are different than those of someone that plans to use a race track every weekend. I just want to learn the stuff I DON'T KNOW to help me ride the street better and safer.

All and any information will be appreciated :thumbup:

Thanks

Last edited: