Infinity Luggage Deal (RDM kit)

xeres

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, new to the forum and whatnot but you guys are a pretty valuable source of info so thought id post up on some equipment i bought on offer over here in the U of the K.

Infinity Motorcycle have a deal on at the moment where they are offering their own brand motorcycle luggage equipment consisting of a Tank bag, panniers and tail pack expandable to a full 88 litres for 65 of our finest sterling. I used them on their first journey the other weekend and figured i'd post my thoughts for anyone considering the purchase as they are remarkably cheap compared to other luggage offerings.

RDM Motorcycle Luggage Tank & Tail Bag & Panniers Combo on eBay, also Luggage Covers, Accessories, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 12-Jun-08 12:59:57 BST)

Being pretty cheap, i wasn't expecting much from them. I fully expanded and loaded them up for this trip and id like to say i wasn't disappointed. The panniers sagged somewhat (expectedly) but there is sufficient strapping and the use of bungee cords helped retain their positioning for ease of mind (also provided with the bags!) There was plenty of compression and fortunately, the bulkiness of the FZ6 tails help to hold the panniers fine. (I have the stock exhaust)
The tank bag is perfect size. Enough to hold extra wet gear as well as a clear map pocket on the top which is also good for holding iPod and Phone in conjunction with my autocom kit, letting me change tune as i go. The only problem i had with it is to secure it to the bike there is only a neck strap that I secured around the frame, above the radiator but behind the forks. The shape of the tank doesn't complement the width of the bag well so you have to expect a bit of wiggle to bring all the magnets flat and flush on the tank itself. If you don't, the bag is prone to lift off one side at speeds of about 90+ when i rode on my own private roads :p. I ride the naked version though with the official wind "shield" attatched. I assume faired versions won't have this problem of wind rush lifting it. Id like to point out that when this happened, it wasn't life threatening of obstructed my driving or anything dangerous. Just an annoyance that is easily rectified if your sensible and making sure all magnets have flush contact.
The tail pack is huge and secures well with 2 bungees underneath that i strap to the panniers to bring them in tighter. Great for holding an extra helmet or clothes for minimal weather contact.

All packs come with rain covers which are just elasticated shaped sheets. They don't look particularly durable so best be careful with them but held very firmly at high speeds and have more than ample space even when packs are fully loaded. They all have clear tops too so the tank bag and tail pack become handy for larger maps or more detailed information if you get so lost you cant find your way and don't want to root through your bags.

All in all, i was very impressed. Its the first luggage system i have ever used and makes me feel 10x safer than having a huge 65 litre pack on my back, ripe for the crash accident. The packs are quite trim to the bike and didn't effect handling at all really although this will vary in the amount of weight you put into them obviously. The only gripe would be that they 'look' like they won't hold their shape well. ive looked at the Oxford Sport Panniers which came highly recommended and they held their shape well. The RDM panniers don't seem as sturdy but their strapping is adequate and will secure them well for their purpose.

Anyhow, hope this helps any of you.

Bo x

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like good kit Bo ....

I'm probably gonna buy the oxford soft sport panniers to match my tail pack but yours look as good as any ... let us know how they hold up after a few months...

Cheers mate JC