Brit Bikes Vs. US

Bags

Reaction score
Visit site
Gentleman,
My name is Bags Im from Upstate NY, currently riding an 05 fz6 with Scorpion pipes, I was just wondering what are the differences between a US FZ6 and a Euro version Ive always been facinated with British Bikes, my father raced flat track on a bunch of old BSA's back in the 60's anyway if someone wouldnt mind Id love to discuss the differences thanks

Bags

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

3 immediate differences spring to mind and I'm sure others on here can provide more.

1). we get the naked version over here.
2). Brit versions have a pass switch
3). I don't think you have a centre (center) stand.

Hope this helps.:Sport:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Our petrol (gas) is twice as expensive and of course the bikes go twice as fast.:justkidding::D

There are some detail differences, such as indicator size, reflectors, running lights etc, but essentially they are the same bike. Even the naked one, as fast blue one mentions, is basically the same, despite its aerodynamic disadvantages; same gearing etc.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

thulst

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Could there be a difference in HP. We've got a 35, a 78 and a 98 BHP version.
But thats in Holland with Dutch regulations.

H

HavBlue

Same, just less power.

Yeah but what pray tell are they doing to lose 60% of the power rating???? I know, they're killing the inside two juggs right???

Dang, my lawn tractor has almost that much HP....

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
As well as a restricted fuel map there are also restrictor plates (washers, basically) to restrict the air flow to the engine. We have a 33bhp test over here for people who want to ride a bigger bike but who aren't old enough (under 21) or don't want to go right onto a full power machine. After some time (two years is it??) provided they are over 21 they automatically get a license upgrade allowing them to ride a full power machine of any cc.

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
You know, I just met a guy who bought a Hayabusa, never touched a motorcycle before in hos life. I wonder how long he will last?:confused::banghead::(

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I fear he wont last all that long if he doesn't get proper training and a very very positive attitude towards safe driving...of course with a new toy you will go mad...unfortunately a hayabusa wont forgive him for any mistakes.