Oil in the track bike

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
My track bike is a 2003 GSXR 600 and I have done countless oil changes after many trackdays and have never had good results with the oil. The main concern in this generation of Suzuki is that they are notorious for false neutrals allover the place and on a track when engine braking is a big deal false neutrals can get dangerous.

I have used all kinds of oil alot of time using cheaper oil for the sake of cost and I never thought I could get more time out of oil, even Amsoil. I have used Honda Dino, Syn-blend, and full racing oil. Rotella dino 15-40 and 5-40 syn, Valvoline, and some others I can think of right now but I never used Amsoil.

This past week I decided to bite the bullet and put Amsoil in the bike, I never used it cause I wasn't wanting to spend the extra money(even at my dealer cost) on an old track only bike. But Im glad I did, I never once got a false neutral and the oil has gone twice what I could get out of the others and still feels great.

Should I have done it along time ago? yes. But I'm kind of glad I didn't, now I have personal data of what does work (Amsoil) and what doesn't(Everything else) In short the 10-20% extra you spend is worth it all. The only oil I've used that has come close is Mobil 1 but I still had a few issues with it and would only use it in a pinch.

Last edited:

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
It's me but I figured I'd share my experiences with it in one of my motorcycles as compared to the all the other oils I've tried. It usually wouldn't garner any special attention except for the fact that it cured a "problem" that is notorious in these bikes and the only other way its been solved is to take out the shift star and replace.

What this specific oil has to do with false neutral or how it creates/prevents it I dont know and I'm going to look into it. The only thing different that day than every other track day was the oil used.