Autumn in Colorado

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since I slacked off on the last trip I took and didn't post any pictures, I thought I'd better make this a good one.
Our 1st day was spent heading up to Aspen. Going up Independence Pass, we passed this red barn...had to do a U-turn to go back and get a pic of it!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We had read somewhere that Kebler Pass had the largest aspen grove in North America, so that was our destination. we sidetracked to the little town of Marble for lunch. That's is where alot of the white marble for the National monuments in D.C came from.
Although kebler was 30+ miles of dirt, it was well worth the few pucker moments I had!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Near the top of Kebler, we came upon a car fire....by the time the Crested Butte Fire Dept. had it out, you couldn't even tell what kind of car it was.
On Sat. we rode over Cottonwood Pass. Not as much color up there, but still a pretty ride and only 12 miles or so of dirt on this one. But it was packed really good due to the bicycle race we had here last month. But still the "washboard" effect made me do a 'Wavex' (some of you will get that reference ;)).

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pictures. The leaves are just starting to turn here in Oregon. No color like what you have. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful! We are just starting to get to peak colors here in Wisconsin. Love the fall riding season, great temps and scenery!

Then I'll be looking forward to some pics from Wisconsin! :)

Ugh...I'm homesick now...thanks, I think...;)

anytime Pete
p.s. you know the way home :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful! We are just starting to get to peak colors here in Wisconsin. Love the fall riding season, great temps and scenery!

And where are the pics ?? If there is no pics , it didnt happen ;)

And while your there , snap a pic of Lambeau Field for Humpy :D

Sorry for the :hijack: Breno :thumbup:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
No doubt autumn is spectacular in Colorado... Probably summer too... However, dang nab it... winter is as bad as it is here in Canada....

Nice scenery... One day I will get out your way....:thumbup:

Richard

D

Dave.TX

Great pictures. I love Colorado. Been on the drive from Grand Junction to Denver on I-70 before, probably the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. Went to Colorado Springs two years ago, only a one day drive from Austin. Would like to do it again. Of course the few times I've been to Colorado has been in May thru August.