Projector lamp setup with halogen ?

roshgorg

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello friends,
I would like to install a projector lamp for my Honda Unicorn 2008 model. Is it like I can only use HIDs with projector lens?

What I wish to do is that, I install the projector lens and use the stock halogen bulb with it. If I arrange such a setup, will it be producing sufficient lights on the roads, as well as, will it be having both low beam and high beam ?

If not, will I get proper lighting if I change the stock bulb to Osram night breaker ?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello friends,
I would like to install a projector lamp for my Honda Unicorn 2008 model. Is it like I can only use HIDs with projector lens?

What I wish to do is that, I install the projector lens and use the stock halogen bulb with it. If I arrange such a setup, will it be producing sufficient lights on the roads, as well as, will it be having both low beam and high beam ?

If not, will I get proper lighting if I change the stock bulb to Osram night breaker ?

There's a lot that will make that an inefficient set up even if you can physically fit the Halogen. HIDs use a shutter for high and low beam. The halogen switches filaments. There will be a focal point that will be missed. There is a big difference in lamp output.
I'm not discouraging experimentation is you have the time and money but off the top of my head you'll have a lot to overcome to make that work correctly.
Probably much easier and cheaper to by HID projectors. :D

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
There's a lot that will make that an inefficient set up even if you can physically fit the Halogen. HIDs use a shutter for high and low beam. The halogen switches filaments. There will be a focal point that will be missed. There is a big difference in lamp output.
I'm not discouraging experimentation is you have the time and money but off the top of my head you'll have a lot to overcome to make that work correctly.
Probably much easier and cheaper to by HID projectors. :D

I'd imagine somewhere you can find a projector unit that uses single-filament halogens, with either a shutter or refocusing mechanism. A good many cars have used non-HID projectors. Probably would require cutting the back of the headlight assembly to fit the projector, though.

Is there anywhere to get those plug-and-play HID projectors (the kind that fit H4 or H7 sockets) that don't look like the cheapest of cheap Chinese junk? I'm impressed with the results I've seen, but I don't want to buy & install a set and find out that the quality and longevity is junk. Ballasts and HID bulbs aren't cheap, last I checked.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there anywhere to get those plug-and-play HID projectors (the kind that fit H4 or H7 sockets) that don't look like the cheapest of cheap Chinese junk? I'm impressed with the results I've seen, but I don't want to buy & install a set and find out that the quality and longevity is junk. Ballasts and HID bulbs aren't cheap, last I checked.

One of the best retrofit projectors would be the Morimoto mini, if you have enough clearance from the bulb base towards the headlight lens.
If you have a faired version, this shouldn't be a problem.
The naked version doesn't have enough clearance, so you'll have to use some other (smaller) projectors like the G1 or G5 type found here.

Grtz,

Degake