Arai Quantum 2

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy keep telling me get a good gear so you ll feel more comfort and safe
My Arai Quantum just arrived and I test it yesterday...
It was awesome..it s quite and very comfort fit....
I have try several different brand and I felt this Quantum fit me perfectly
specially I m wearing glasses....

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good choice - I finally decided to upgrade from my fairly inespensive HJC to the Arai Astral-X. Huge improvement in comfort, wind noise, ventilation, and works well with my sunglasses, unlike my old helmet. Mine was $450 (marked down from $890) Money well spent!

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
I too, went from an HJC that I wore for 4 years, to a Quantum 2 earlier this season.

Oddly enough, I found that wind noise to be a bit annoying. One source of it which I've isolated, is the small gap around the "ear covers," whatever the heck those things are called. I put masking tape all around it to test, and went for a ride, and that helped tremendously. My thought is to figure out how to remove them, and glue a foam seal on the inside to close up that gap.

Aside from that little issue, it's a great helmet!

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
My thought is to figure out how to remove them, and glue a foam seal on the inside to close up that gap.

have you considered spray foam? used in a/c applications can be bought at home depot. Just seal one side, spray, wait for it to expand, cut away excess and you will be good to go. It is the yellow stuff that you see around pipes going through wall around people's houses.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a nice lid, I really need to get a better on. My Buell lid is a cheap KBC, looks great, but man is it noisy.

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did find a bit wind noise once I let the air come inn from top...
Also sometimes a bit foggy when come to cold morning but those easy to take care by spray the Anti Fog and it ll last quite long...
Best part of it since I m wearing glasses I found light enough for me to do check turn everytime I have more rotation for my neck...
Helmet is not as light as RX-7 and took awhile to really decide which one I m gonna get then I found pretty good deal from Ebay for $299 with 07 Production so I grap it while it last...
I guess it all depend on your Head Shape to choosing Arai and try several times and you can feel the different...

Fippo

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an Arai Vector, it's awesome. You can't put a price on safety, but also it's really comfortable and has good ventilation.

Also, all Arai's are handmade so I'm told! Worth the extra in every way.

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I forgot to post the picture of it...I got mine Gray Frost since that s the only one they have and I found Frost Color have nice looking finish then Regular one and price practically similar..
Helmet Overview