Taller Windshield

besier

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! Picked up a new 06 FZ6 a month ago, and have about 1000km on it. Most of my riding is to and from work, about 60km per day. So far it's been great, with exception to the kid who cut me off tonight as he pulled out of parking lot... I suppose if he can't put a ball cap on straight, he can't have the skills to drive...:mad:

Anyway! No one was hurt.

Does anyone have experience with the aftermarked windshield that is 4in taller. I'm 6' tall and am looking for a little more protection from the wind.

It feels as though the wind stream off the factory windshield is hitting me right in the nose of the helmet. If I sit up uncomfortably straight it's a little more quiet becuase I'm in lest turbulant air, but a comfortable riding position equals uncomfortable turbulance at the helmet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ride safe

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
My brother in law has that windshield he doesn't notice a difference... I think because he is so tall. 6'4 Im 5'11... I noticed that it cut down the wind when I rode it but takes away some of the cool factor...

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
So i have the stock windshield and the wind hits me pretty hard...I'm 6ft6 and was wondering if the Yamaha Touring one would make a noticeable difference, i'm looking for any improvement...suggestions?
Thx

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'4" and need a taller windshield, but I think I'm going with the Puig sport (smoke for black FZ6) I was never a fan of how the taller shields looked.

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'4" and need a taller windshield, but I think I'm going with the Puig sport (smoke for black FZ6) I was never a fan of how the taller shields looked.

I can vouch for the light smoke Puig Racing screen (I think this is the same as "sport." Anyway it is the smaller of the two Puig makes). I just put one on my 07 and I couldn't believe the difference it made. I can run 70 mph and it feels the same as 40 with the stock screen.

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought one from Gustaffson, it's not the right shape, you have to drill your own mounting holes, but they appear to be one of the few suppliers for an 04-06 bike.
There is a mounting at the bottom of those that involves difficult manufacturing.

If you want a gustaffson then give me a shout, it's a light smoked one, and won't be going on my bike.

( They don't seem to answer my emails either!)

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
is the puig screen shorter? therefor lowering were the turbulance hits you? or is it just shaped differently, making it deflect the wind better? what do you all suggest for keeping the wind off your hands, (besides winter gloves) is there a wider screen that does that?
:innocent:

lasermax

Reaction score
Visit site
My girl just commented about the wind turbulence on her 6, and BAM here's a thread with a great suggestion with pic on it. Way cool.:thumbup:

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
Have you guys ever tried standing up while riding? Do it and you will realize how much of a "dirty" air the original screen generates right at your face.

I just got back form a pretty long trip (5h) sitting on a butt cushion :)D) which made me taller by about 2". What a difference! (not to mention the butt comfort ) my head stayed in mostly clean-non-turbulent air. As soon as i would duck-down i was right back in the LOUD noise and wobbly head scenario.

just my experience.

Cheers!

cyberfilly

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, I have the light grey PUIG sport screen (double bubble). At 5'11'' I'm still getting buffeted while riding on the freeway. Am considering the Calsci tour screen for freeway trips.

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site

cyberfilly

Reaction score
Visit site
Good tip. I took a look at their site this am. Pretty interesting. Much wider then the CalSci and slightly curved lip. I'm going to be interested to see whether folks Cee Baileys. Have you ordered or installed it yet?