Ride report, Rochester NY-Wright patterson OH

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, first long ride in progress thought i'd start my little report :thumbup:
Yesterday, left my house towards Buffalo via rte 20, getting poured on. No pics of yesterday as it was mostly highway boring stuff. Anyways got to the hotel in Erie PA and 3 guys with sports cars pull next to us, and the guy in the S2000 next to me says "yeah i've been there". I guess the guy rides motorcycles quite a bit. These 3 older guys were from Iowa City, Iowa to watch Iowa play Penn state, Talk about dedication.

The plan for today is to hit the Erie peninsula, then head towards Cleveland and either stop in Cleveland or bypass it and go to Akron, take a break and do some stuff, then back on the road to the Air force museum.

Plan for tomorrow, i believe is to make it to WV to ride route 33, which is supposed to rival the Tail of the Dragon with much less of the tourists.

Anyways i'll update later tonight with pics and vids of the rides and places we stopped, plan on putting my new Drift straight to work today :thumbup:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Too Bad you're riding into the Fall Monsoons, but have a good trip.

See you on Campus.

Wow right you are! We got to our hotel just across from the AF base (mean looking clouds looming), check in, turn on the tv it starts doing emergency beeps and says "there's is a severe storm watch in your area". lol.... ok i'm gonna upload some stuff while i have wifi.... standby for todays report!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
So we woke up early today, in Erie PA. And got on the bikes and took a ride to the peninsula that pops out into lake Erie.

Anyways a pic from the hotel room of the bikes + the three guys sports cars that talked with us before (Bikes: Kawi Versys, Kawi ZZR 1200 Cars: Honda S2000 (left) Mazda MX7 (center) Chevy Corvette (right)
attachment.php

Off we went to the little ride on the peninsula...
attachment.php

Apparently you can rent these, first time i've ever seen anything thing like this... i've seen house boats but these definitely didn't have motors :rolleyes:
attachment.php

Bike being a camera hog :D

attachment.php

Looking out into Lake Erie

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
more to come, but this Ride report stuff takes a while it turns out, and i need sleep.... if you like airplanes/jets, stay tuned... pics from the Air force museum tomorrow... will also include 2nd half of today as well, including pics from the USS Cod, a WWII submarine!!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
more to come, but this Ride report stuff takes a while it turns out, and i need sleep.... if you like airplanes/jets, stay tuned... pics from the Air force museum tomorrow... will also include 2nd half of today as well, including pics from the USS Cod, a WWII submarine!!

Now you REALLY peaked my interest! I love aircraft:rockon: