Feeler: F/S: 2007 FZ6 (One of a Kind)

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
F/S: 2007 FZ6 (One of a Kind)

SOLD!!! 04-19-2012

For sale is my tastefully modified 2007 Yamaha FZ6. The bike has been meticulously maintained and modified. Current odometer reading is just over 5,000 Miles. I will try to outline all of the work that has been completed and the extras that have been added. One thing that I always try to do, and often pride myself in, is the ability to reverse any modification that I have done to the bike. No frame components have been "trimmed" to allow the fork conversion; all electrical connections have utilized the stock harnesses and connectors and can be re-used.

Additions:
*Motor is completely stock

-Yamaha FZ1N European Headlight Conversion w/ Custom Brackets
-Magura Hymec Hydraulic Clutch Assembly
-Corbin Gunfighter & Lady Seat ("Carbon Fiber" Leather Seating Surfaces)
-Yamaha Belly Pan (OEM Color Match)
-520 Chain Conversion with EK MVXZ Chain & Vortex Sprockets
-Pirelli Angel Tires (Less than 600 miles)
-Showa BPF Front Fork Conversion from 2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (USD, High & Low Speed Compression & Rebound adjustable)
-Kawasaki ZX6R Rear Brake Caliper
-Kawasaki ZX6R Front & Rear Rim
-Nissan Radial Front Brake Calipers
-Venhill Stainless Steel Brake-Lines
-Carbon Fiber Front Fender
-Renthal Streetfighter Handlebars
-ASV C/5 Adjustable Shorty Brake Lever
-CNC Billet Aluminum Gas Cap
-Rizoma "Dynamic" Mirrors
-Rizoma Bar Ends
-Digital Guard Dawg Keyless Ignition System
-Keyless Electronic Seat Latch Mechanism

I am certain that I am forgetting some key items. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have and I am more than willing to go into more detail on any item.

Asking $5,195

I will deliver within 300 miles for the cost of Fuel and Road Sodas.

Thank you for looking and please help me make this decision!!:thumbup:

Scott
[email protected]
207-653-4449

Photos:
FinishedBike042.jpg

FinishedBike024.jpg

FinishedBike046.jpg

FinishedBike028.jpg

FinishedBike031_rev.jpg

FinishedBike032.jpg

FinishedBike035.jpg

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is stunning!! It'll be tough to find the right buyer (everyone wants a bargain.. not an amazing list of mods), but this bike is well worth the asking price!

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is stunning!! It'll be tough to find the right buyer (everyone wants a bargain.. not an amazing list of mods), but this bike is well worth the asking price!

Thank you for the compliment and the insight and I agree with you 100% about the right buyer. My price is somewhat reflective of my hesitancy to sell; although I feel it is worth every penny and more.

:thumbup:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Would you take mine plus cash :BLAA: Awesome bike, if you were closer to me i would actually consider buying it. GLWS

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Would you take mine plus cash :BLAA: Awesome bike, if you were closer to me i would actually consider buying it. GLWS

You know, I would actually consider this (for anyone else for that matter as well).

We can meet half way...I always wanted a cross country road trip :)

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
dam man that is a clean bike... I wasnt aware the Kawi wheels would work with our bike... would the stock brake calipers work or did you have to go to kawi calipers with the swap...?

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
You know, I would actually consider this (for anyone else for that matter as well).

We can meet half way...I always wanted a cross country road trip :)

I dont know if i could ride that long lol. Longest ride i have taken is three hours and i couldnt feel my fingers for 20 minutes. I wonder how much shipping would be, and how hard it would be to reg an out of state bike in CA.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
dam man that is a clean bike... I wasnt aware the Kawi wheels would work with our bike... would the stock brake calipers work or did you have to go to kawi calipers with the swap...?

Thank you sir! I actually wish it was dirtier; I am pretty dissapointed with the measly 600 miles that I got in this season.

As for the wheels & calipers: it is by no means a straight swap. the Front wheel was a result of the 2009 Kawasaki Showa fork swap and the rear a result of the front. You can check out the build over last winter here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/33872-teaser-winter-project.html

I dont know if i could ride that long lol. Longest ride i have taken is three hours and i couldnt feel my fingers for 20 minutes. I wonder how much shipping would be, and how hard it would be to reg an out of state bike in CA.

Hahaha..i don;t think I would make it a quarter of a half of the distance :)

I think shipping (coast to coast) runs about $500 depending on the carrier that you use. Does FedEX take a box 4ft X 5ft X 8ft and 500 pounds??:BLAA:

Last edited:

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
So Skooter... does this mean you won't be doing any more work on the tutorial about fitting the R6 gauges to our bikes?

Good luck with the sale, in any case.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a lot of bike for not much money....hang onto it, get some more "value" out of it.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So Skooter... does this mean you won't be doing any more work on the tutorial about fitting the R6 gauges to our bikes?

Good luck with the sale, in any case.

I was also curious about the r6 gauge fitment... We'll just have to see. :(

Don't worry, this will be done before this things leaves the garage (if it leaves the garage) :thumbup:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a lot of bike for not much money....hang onto it, get some more "value" out of it.

I really wish I could enjoy it more that I have. My work schedule and travel itinerary just does not allow for enough spare "riding" time; and its only getting worse with my upcoming move. 500-600 Miles a season seems just cruel to the bike :)

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
I really wish I could enjoy it more that I have. My work schedule and travel itinerary just does not allow for enough spare "riding" time; and its only getting worse with my upcoming move. 500-600 Miles a season seems just cruel to the bike :)

The woman who sold me my bike owned it for almost 2 years and rode it less than 100 miles. Five to six hundred miles a year is huge in comparison to that!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah, but if you keep it, and dont ride it much, it is still going to pristine in a few years, and you will always have a great bike, you know is great to ride! Better the devil you know, than he devil you dont know...

Plus, having the bike sitting there, is like having a ticket to riding freedom, at your disposal, anytime you get a moment to ride...

It's a bloody nice bike, it has your soul in it, and i think it would be silly to "Give" that to someone else....

But at the same time, i see your point, and feel your angst!

1 wheel peel

Supertanker Pilot
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike!:thumbup: Looks very well thought out, everything works together. I can understand if it's time to move on to something else but other wise I'm with the others, put a tender on it and throw a sheet over it then enjoy it when you do have the time. Sweet bike!