How To: Install Uni Vista Cruise to FZ6

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Folks finally i have installed the universal vista cruiser to my FZ and i have to tell you it works great...it took me around 15 minutes to install it and 1 hour or so on the road to test it...

i will start with the company who makes it...it is called SOR and their website is Sound Off Recreational, Inc. - Main Page ...on the website you can also find the written install instructions of their products...the model that fits to our FZ6 's is : MCUV00 This is the code for the universal vista cruise for 7/8 inch handlebar bikes,,,,

The contents of the package is very basic and since it is a universal model there are some screws,plastic and rubbers that we wont need....

pack.jpg

1- First put the clamp on around the handlebar on left side of the switch housing ,insert the allen bolts and tighten them lightly

clamp_allen.jpg

2- Attach the arm to the clamp with the provided bolt and washer,,tighten the bolt with hand only for now

arm_attach.jpg

3- Insert the Collar/slip ring assembly through the throttle grip all the way as much close as possible to the end,,,,if you have the original grips the rubber that is already inside of the ring is the perfect fit altough you have to take it out first and insert it back in there after you slide the ring over the grip halfway......i took the bar end off without knowing exactly what i was gonna do next..totally unnecessary..

collar_ring.jpg

4- When you place the ring all the way to the end of the grip with the rubber it is time to tighten the 3 little allen bolts around the ring..they should be thightened all the way in until they are leveled with the ring...

little_screws.jpg

5- Now the ring is stabled there,,level the thumb lever with the arm and put the short allen bolt through the thumb lever to the arm,,do not tighten it all the way,,,just enough to hold them together

collar_ring2.jpg

thumb_lever_allen.jpg

6- Now everything is in place so we can tighten the allen bolts for the clamp and the bolt for the arm

tighten.jpg

tighten2.jpg

7-Its time to adjust our vista cruise,,,just tighten the bolt on top of the thumb lever and the spring while you are playing with the throttle,,,find the spot where the throttle is becoming tight ,,,make sure it stays as loose as normal,,,,twist the throttle halfway and push the thumb lever down,,,it should hold the throttle in position,,,,adjust the bolt until you achieve this,,,when the thumb lever is up the throttle should function properly..

adjust.jpg

Thats it!! You have a fully functional vista cruise...Enjoy your right wrist!

Here is a video of it in action :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSyLG5jGt7c"]YouTube- 07 FZ6 S2 Vista Cruise Installed,,In Action[/ame]

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Tolgatt - Excellent post and even better photos! Thank you!

schumy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a feeling this is a recipe for disaster.... don't regular cruise control systems disengage once the brake is squeezed? So in an emergency situation you squeeze the clutch and the revs go through the roof.

Just be careful.

P.S Excellent How To nonetheless!!!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a feeling this is a recipe for disaster.... don't regular cruise control systems disengage once the brake is squeezed? So in an emergency situation you squeeze the clutch and the revs go through the roof.

Just be careful.

P.S Excellent How To nonetheless!!!!

Yes there is a method to the maddness of a throttle lock. The key is to adjust it so you can roll the throttle shut if you need to. I've used on for years and they are a wrist saver for long trips.

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
Fantastic post! I have one of these on my Vulcan 800 and love it. I wound up choosing the Throttlemeister for my FZ6, but that's because I wanted heavier bar-ends as well. Still, great post.. .thanks for sharing!

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Great How to Post!! Definitely something I'll need for those longer rides. I notice on the website you provided there are several dealers to choose from, who did you purchase your set from? I might have to do the same!

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the comments , i really find it very useful,,just came back from a 2,5 hour ride and i was curious how it will behave on the fz6,,it did its job perfectly !

i bought it from one of the local dealerships and it cost around $50 but i know that you can buy this much cheaper in US,i think around $25- $30 range...it is not the best looking mod you wanna add to your bike but it sure helps a lot on the long rides.... it should never be used in traffic!!!!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One advantage your lock has over the Throttlemeister is you don't have to remove your hand from the throttle to engage it; nice!

Lewy

Reaction score
Visit site
Gday so when it is engaged and u are just riding along can u just throttle back with out disengaging the thumb switch ??? like it wont be to tight to slow down in a hurry??

Other wise a really good idea i might look in to getting one as i have not long had surgery on my right wrist so will come in handy on big rides

Thanks Lewy

H

HavBlue

I have a friction lock on the Harley (factory item) but I could never use this on the FZ6 as my hand takes up the entire grip (5" wide") without the glove on. My hands don't get tired or numb but I can see where this would work for some folks. Nice toy...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gday so when it is engaged and u are just riding along can u just throttle back with out disengaging the thumb switch ??? like it wont be to tight to slow down in a hurry??

Other wise a really good idea i might look in to getting one as i have not long had surgery on my right wrist so will come in handy on big rides

Thanks Lewy

The trick is to adjust the tension screw/bolt to you can twist it shut. Look at the photos one mre time, you'll see. You don't want a killer tension setting on it, just enough to hold the throttle so you can rest your hand for a few moments. For long rides they are wonderful.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
here is a video of the vista cruise in action,,,,sorry about the wind noise,,,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSyLG5jGt7c"]YouTube - 07 FZ6 S2 Vista Cruise Installed,,In Action[/ame]

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a great how to mate thanks for the efforts. I thought your video was way scary as it looks like you are not looking at the road ahead and the joining junctions (I'm sure this is not the case). Personally I think that they are a lazy mans suicide switch. No throttle is that heavy that it causes a repetetive strain injury. Roll the throttle on and adjust your grip for comfort. Not having a go at you or anyone who fits one but that's my opinion. Good luck with it.

Nelly

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a great how to mate thanks for the efforts. I thought your video was way scary as it looks like you are not looking at the road ahead and the joining junctions (I'm sure this is not the case). Personally I think that they are a lazy mans suicide switch. No throttle is that heavy that it causes a repetetive strain injury. Roll the throttle on and adjust your grip for comfort. Not having a go at you or anyone who fits one but that's my opinion. Good luck with it.

Nelly

LOL it sure looks like it,but its not a helmet cam,,its my digital camera and im holding it with my right hand,,,i was looking at the road the whole time...thanks for the comments,,,,i have no problems riding a bike an hour or so, i can still be comfortable
but if you go for a 1500 mile 12 hour trip like i did last summer ,,this little buddy makes a big big difference,,if you are always riding within the city,,i should say this is pretty much useless :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL it sure looks like it,but its not a helmet cam,,its my digital camera and im holding it with my right hand,,,i was looking at the road the whole time...thanks for the comments,,,,i have no problems riding a bike an hour or so, i can still be comfortable
but if you go for a 1500 mile 12 hour trip like i did last summer ,,this little buddy makes a big big difference,,if you are always riding within the city,,i should say this is pretty much useless :D
Would one of these thingys prevent you getting your "Iron But" wings?