Silkolene Pro Chain lube (****) of 5

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Silkolene Pro Chain Lubricant, RACE 100% Synthetic Racing Chain and Sprocket Lubricant (****) of 5

This is a 100% Synthetic chain lube that sprays on wet and clear and leaves little sticky residue. IMO it seems to work well. However, after 400 miles in low dust riding and it seems to be displaced and looking dry (looking at the rollers mainly). My original goal was service at 500 miles but I'd either add some at the 200 mile mark w/out the full cleaning or go max of 400. The can just says to "apply at regular intervals to a clean chain"....

If applied to a warm chain the dispersion agent will evaporate and you can ride in 15min or so. Cold, you better double the time. I've never sprayed and left, but doing either of the two and it sticks well and doesn't fly off much at all. There are some spots in the wheel but I can't imagine 100% cling is possible.

As for water rejection, I'm not big on rain rides but after washing the bike its never rusted with this product on it.

Because I picked the bike up in a neglected state at 41xx miles it may have hurt the chain life but I'll run this through a few cans and see how the chain looks.

Product website says its Worldwide (http://www.fuchs.com/index.php) so it may be available outside the US. It's made by Fuchs Lubricants Co. << nice name eh? Maybe they started in the personal lubricant and progressed to chains later??? :spank:

Last edited:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Was going to make a post today about what chain lube ya'all recommend, and came across this stuff in my search.

The stuff I am using now (name is escaping me) is the foam type and it seems to end up flinging off quite a bit and making a mess near my front sprocket as well as under the chain protector. I am looking for something that sticks better to the chain.

How is the subjected lube? Any other recommendations?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I use crc aerosol white lithium grease, wich is pretty much the main ingredient in almost all chain lubes other than the waxes. But since it dosent say chain lube on it it is a whole lot cheeper for the same stuff. It sprays on pretty wet but after about 30min it drys pretty good and last a long time even riding in the rain

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for teh quick feedback guys. I ended up going with a can of Maxima Chain Wax after reading many positive reviews. Should suit my needs and was available at Revzilla, so I just tacked it onto an order I made this morning for new footwear.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I use this lube. It goes on thin (chain doesn't have to be hot) and it evaporates and thickens up.

The only chain splatter anywhere is a little inside the front sprocket cover, none on the wheel. (It used to be sold as a Honda product, but I guess Honda quit selling chain lubes.)

Next Dimension Original Bike Spirits Chain Lube at Babbitts Sports Center

+100 this stuff is the best! Sometimes I do find it under the Honda Pro label, the gold rims on my FZ1 stay clean and I lube my chain a lot.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the DUPONT in the Blue can. Works great and does not splatter all over the place. The chain looks like new. Lowes stores have them always.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Silkolene Pro Chain lube (****) of 5 Stars

Hey, seeing's how this is the product review thread, you might just go into a little more detail in your own words.

What would be helpful are reviews from those who used one product and got 40,000 miles out of chain! What product, process, interval, cleaning agent, was used to get long life from your chain?

I can't comment as I've only done 4,xxx miles on this bike and the previous owner neglected it. Just a thought. . .

Dupont chain wax...:thumbup:

I use crc aerosol white lithium grease, wich is pretty much the main ingredient in almost all chain lubes other than the waxes. But since it dosent say chain lube on it it is a whole lot cheeper for the same stuff. It sprays on pretty wet but after about 30min it drys pretty good and last a long time even riding in the rain

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

I use this lube. It goes on thin (chain doesn't have to be hot) and it evaporates and thickens up.

The only chain splatter anywhere is a little inside the front sprocket cover, none on the wheel. (It used to be sold as a Honda product, but I guess Honda quit selling chain lubes.)

Next Dimension Original Bike Spirits Chain Lube at Babbitts Sports Center

+100 this stuff is the best! Sometimes I do find it under the Honda Pro label, the gold rims on my FZ1 stay clean and I lube my chain a lot.

Grouse

Reaction score
Visit site
Since the last chain clean and lube I have used this;
980.jpg

I can not recommend it as it seems to need reapplying every few days. Not shore where it goes, it's not on the wheel but it's not on the chain ether.