HELMETLOK product review

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
When I had my FZ6, one of my small gripes with the bike was the lack of a helmet lock. I looked at several different types of aftermarket locks and even thought about sourcing a lock off a different bike and modding it to fit the FZ. I just never got around to it, so I always lugged my helmet with me when I was off the bike.

Then I sold my FZ6 and bought a Triumph Sprint...guess what...no helmet lock :).

Found this nice little gadget and so far it works pretty good. I know there are several other options out there, but this is the one I tried and just wanted to share how it works so far. So far so good.

I ordered it off Pashnit.com. Service was great (got it pretty quick) and I really like those forums over there. If you are not a Pashnit forum member, check it out...cool stuff.

Anyways...price was a bit steep but I went ahead a dropped the 25 bucks :spank: to have a functional helmet lock on the bike.

Pics:

picture.php

Set your own 3 digit combination and this thing will connect just about anywhere on the bike. The good thing about it is it opens outward and not inward like most clasps of this type. The constructions is solid and it fits easily in a tank bag or pocket.

Here's a pic of it actually securing my new Scorpion 500 :). BTW...love this helmet.:D

picture.php

It's secure, durable and simple to use. Just thought I'd share.

--Armystrong

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Man that looks so convenient. I wish people werent tards and cut the strap to steal helmets :(. My shoei is my baby!!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I have one , had it for a while great when riding two up and stop for coffee.
they have one now with plastic tubing on the side with "helmetlock" so it does not scratch. I just bought some 8mm pvc tubing and soaked it in boiling water and forced it/wiggled it on-does the same

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I have one , had it for a while great when riding two up and stop for coffee.
they have one now with plastic tubing on the side with "helmetlock" so it does not scratch. I just bought some 8mm pvc tubing and soaked it in boiling water and forced it/wiggled it on-does the same

That is a great idea. My gf's bike does not have a helmet lock, i may pick her up one of these.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I just wonder who they sell the helmet too after they cut the straps that keep it on your head LOL.

That keeps me up at night! :BLAA:

I got a $50 gift card to the Harley dealer near Portland for completing the OR BRC. They only had a couple things that weren't Harley badged (no joke, they even had Harley badged Battery Tenders!), and one of them was a Krypto retractable mini-cable lock. Works great, if a little too easy to overcome, I hang my helmet on the left passenger peg, run it through the subframe, the D-rings, and the chin bar, and the velcro tabs on my gloves.

This looks a bit more convenient to carry and use though.

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
I've got my eyes on one of those mini/micro cable locks too. Those are good for locking other things like your jacket to your bike, etc. This one is working great so far for my helmet! I guess if people really want to steal something, they are going to find a way...but it's up to us to make it more difficult.

Black_Cirrus

Reaction score
Visit site
For a helmet lock on my 06 I just use a cable lock that came with a handgun. Has a padlock on it and vinyl coated cable holds the chin bar to the center of the handle bar and cut straps wont free it.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I made a bracket and put a second lock on the right side of the bike. Its made of 1/8" aluminum and bolts inbetween the frame and the pillion peg assembly.. I re-keyed it to fit the ignition key, very handy...

I made the same bracket for the left side to move the lock outward a little and also added a BMW style electrical outlet (just ahead of the pillion peg assembly) for battery charging, heated clothing etc

Last edited: