The Importance of Crosswalks

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You know why a motorcyclists is more likely to stop for Pedestrians versus someone in a car or truck?

A good motorcycle rider is able to aggressively scan the roadway better than a driver, therefore recognizing to yield the right of way whenever they see a pedestrian waiting to cross in a designated crosswalk. Just be sure to watch your six!

So pay attention to all Crosswalks! There could be somebody waiting to cross, so be the first to recognize it and stop and others will follow.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
In these parts there are some of the rudest drivers on the planet. I LOVE to stop for pedestrians in a crosswalk in my car or on the bike because it forces the tool behind me to have to stop too

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pedestrians who see me on a bike useally don't walk out in front of me, instead they grab their kid's, purses, wallet's,animal's,and put their hand's on their concealed weapon's and scramble to find suitable shelter....... :BLAA: :rockon: :rockon:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
You know why a motorcyclists is more likely to stop for Pedestrians versus someone in a car or truck?

A good motorcycle rider is able to aggressively scan the roadway better than a driver, therefore recognizing to yield the right of way whenever they see a pedestrian waiting to cross in a designated crosswalk. Just be sure to watch your six!

So pay attention to all Crosswalks! There could be somebody waiting to cross, so be the first to recognize it and stop and others will follow.

I've never seen so many people in crosswalks as I did when I was on vegas. It was like one of those India videos where you see cars splitting the crowd to get through. It was wicked, but crazy!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here the design team was a FAIL as most of the bus stop signs are atop the designated crosswalks. :spank: :thumbdown:

As a result - you don't know if they're walking or waiting and certain areas people become accustomed to not stopping when peds are standing on the edge.

As said above, watch your Six so you don't get ran down!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh boy, this thread reminds me of yet another tactic for municipalities to drum up revenue. How? Say, there's a multi-lane boulevard (2 lanes each side with a divider) or avenue. Sometimes, police have been reported to do stings by having somebody start to cross clear across the street, 3 lanes and a divider away. Motorists who don't stop even if on the other side (3 lanes and a divider away) get knicked. Even I, as a pedestrian, don't want motorists stopping unneccessarily (other than for cops on a sting on a revenue miningcampaign) for me clear across the boulevard and 3 lanes away. Oh well, this certainly isn't Europe!