Ride Report - N. Georgia Ride on Sat 09/03/2011 (Labor Day Wkend)"

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
We(the fazer riders of Atlanta) have been planning a ride to N. Georgia mountains for over 3 weeks and though we lost quite a few comrades to Labor Day family activities, ChevyFazer and I were still determined to make it to the ride. We had planned to meet at 8:00am today (Saturday 09/03/2011) at Varsity and go for a N. Georgia mountain ride from there. In typical fashion (which I am deeply ashamed of.. :spank:) I was 35+ minutes late. The alarm went off at 6:50am and I thought I snoozed it … (yup same old excuse:spank:) Long story short I was texting CheyFazer while still in bed at 7:40 that I will be 15mins late. We did meet up around 8:40 at Varsity and as gracious as ChevyFazer is, he didn’t feel the need to teach me a lesson in punctuality:D.
The traffic got really heavy close to Hellen but we took a detour to get up there and that worked out great. The ride was great and we had a blast. I found the weather to be mostly pleasant in the earlier part of the day however ChevyFazer was sweating buckets throughout...:BLAA: Routes along 129 and 60 are just awesome. ChevyFazer lead the way throughout :thumbup:and I enjoyed the ride even more knowing that I don’t have to worry about directions and stuff (yes, I am extremely directionality challenged which is even funnier considering that I actually develop navigation tools)
Without further ado here are some of the pics we took along the way…
IMG_2298.JPG
ChevyFazer's bike's naked look is HOT!! :D
IMG_2318.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: N. Georgia Ride on Sat 09/03/2011 (Labor Day Wkend)

IMG_2334.JPG

We got some nasty crap on our boots here (and eventually on the foot pegs as well :().. although I am no expert but according to ChevyFazer it was some dog crap.. (one hell of a dog for that much crap... )

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Awsome I had a blast and will be looking foward to doing again real soon and will add that we put on quite a few miles and some good seat time we left downtown atlanta around 9am and I walked back in my front door around 5:30 we made quite a few stops to take pictures and to hydrate but we clocked well over 300 miles of good fun, good sites, good company and most importantly we managed to keep the rubber on the road :D

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Glad y'all had a good time, sorry I couldn't have come along this time, it would have been fun! Good thing you mad it Saturday as well, the weather forecast for Monday looks pretty bad.

BTW, I really like the old bridge pic!!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks and believe it or not that is part of someones driveway....pretty awsome driveway

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I knew I'd miss a good ride. I actually did make it up later in the day to meet some friends who were camping in NC. Where's that bridge? Care to post your route?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Well there really wasnt a route it was more like hey that looks like a good place to turn lets go that way...lol but that bridge is right off 129 n on the left about a mile up from turners restaurant but im probably going to head back up there saturday if your intrested