Can someone post a VID of coolant change

kayodethomas

Reaction score
Visit site
I am trying to change the coolant in my yamaha fz6, but i cannot figure out exactly how to get acces to the coolant resevoir? can someone post pics or videos please..

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm....i remember being able to remove the overflow tank thingy and rinsing it out with distilled water. you just need some small hands and reach from underneath to get at the bolts.
take a look at the microfiche for ideas.......
it's pretty easy.....maybe get an extension on your wrench to reach in there....

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be changing coolant soon, so if you want I'll throw something up. Going to be about a week though. Let me know if you can/can't wait cause then I'll skip making a vid. :BLAA:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you are just looking for info on how I personally would not mess with the resivour, draing from the bottom of the radiator is what needs to be done and filling from there as well if you try to fill up the resivour it will probably be blown out the first time it gets to temp....at least my bike dose

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be changing coolant soon, so if you want I'll throw something up. Going to be about a week though. Let me know if you can/can't wait cause then I'll skip making a vid. :BLAA:
I would be interested in seeing it. I was thinking of changing my coolant hoses as a precautionary measure and a video would be very helpful. Sticky maybe??

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Hey now! Who said anything about changing hoses! :BLAA:

I just priced it out - if you wanna replace all the hoses its around $67.00 for parts.

Aside from the hoses you can actually see (the big ones), there are three small hoses on the top of the radiator. Two of them lead to under the tank and serve to cool the TB housing I think, and the other one leads to the coolant overflow reservoir. Also, these prices aren't including hoses for water pump.

Last edited:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Hey now! Who said anything about changing hoses! :BLAA:

I just priced it out - if you wanna replace all the hoses its around $67.00 for parts.

Aside from the hoses you can actually see (the big ones), there are three small hoses on the top of the radiator. Two of them lead to under the tank and serve to cool the TB housing I think, and the other one leads to the coolant overflow reservoir. Also, these prices aren't including hoses for water pump.

I was just thinking the outside hoses that are exposed to weather LOL. Unless the others ones are easy to get to. So i guess we will wait for your vid hahahahahha jk jk. Just a simple flush and replace vid would be awesome too :rockon:

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just thinking the outside hoses that are exposed to weather LOL. Unless the others ones are easy to get to. So i guess we will wait for your vid hahahahahha jk jk. Just a simple flush and replace vid would be awesome too :rockon:

:Sport:

In truth, according to the manual I "should" be changing those hoses anyway. So you were only echoing back to me whats been in the back of my head LOL.
Once I sell my car and have some money I'll prolly swap out the hoses, mine are in good shape but for 67 greenbacks I'd rather not risk my engine overheating cause of a crack/leak. Also, Harbor Freight has a deal on a box of those circular metal screw clamps that go on the hoses. There are a bunch of different sizes and it only cost like 4 bucks. I would buy that now in preparation because yamahapartshouse.net wanted 3 or 4 bucks per clamp!

Last edited: