Ride 2011. Cali/Oregon people listen up

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After deciding to head south and not north and assessing my funds, I think northern California is within my range and budget MAYBE. But South Oregon definitely should be.

I'm leaving Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll be spending ~ 4 days getting out of Montana. I am considering doing an iron butt ride to Cave Junction in Oregon as I leave Montana.

From there I will eventually need to make it to Vancouver possibly via Vancouver Island. But if my budget allows I might be able to meander down into Northern California.

Anyone available to take a few days off in that area?

I expect most likely to be leaving on Wednesday morning. The end of riding day on Monday August 22nd is when the schedule puts me in Cave Junction Oregon. That makes Monday the 22nd a rest day where I may or may not ride out. From there I may just clip through the Redwoods in northern Cali then head north on the riding day of the 23rd or dip a bit further south into mainland Cali.

By the end of riding day on the 24th I expect to make Vancouver island or Vancouver if I don't head into mainland Cali. If I do then I will probably spend a day or two in Cali. If I do spend a day or two in Cali it will be camping most likely.

Anyway, all of this is as planned as it is going to get and I hope to stick to the plan. But you know how these things go and all destinations and times are subject to change.

Let me know. I'd love to get some people out even if it's just for a couple hour ride down to a good diner in the area.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Bah! When are you gonna do an epic long trip to the east coast?!
Looking forward to another Lone Vs. World though! preferably with no bears this time :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lone, I will be in the neighborhood. I am leaving this Friday and heading north. I have tentatively set my route through Yosemite and Lake Tahoe next weekend, putting me at Crater Lake Oregon on Monday. Plan on visiting my folks in Portland for a couple of days. But I can change plans and meet you at Cave Junction or Crater Lake on Monday too.

My alternate route would be going to New Mexico and SW Colorado up the Million Dollar Highway on my way towards Denver, then heading west towards Oregon, and heading south towards Lake Tahoe and Yosemite, then back home to Vegas. Kind of reverse direction.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm...this could work.

Link up in cave junction. Can you get anyone else coordinated too? It'd be nice to get s bunch of people showing up in cave junction. The roads in that area are pretty epic too. Great sportbike roads with epic scenery.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm...this could work.

Link up in cave junction. Can you get anyone else coordinated too? It'd be nice to get s bunch of people showing up in cave junction. The roads in that area are pretty epic too. Great sportbike roads with epic scenery.

What about Crater Lake?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to get to Cave Junction because I promised the people there I'd be back if I came through again.

They were extremely helpful and hospitable when I was there all hurting from my crash and all last time out.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be able to meet you somewhere in your trip. Give me your itenerary. I still have some vacation time. I am in Beaverton Oregon next to Portland. My best friend lives in Grants Pass. My cell #503-780-9175. :rockon:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think coordinating a link up in cave junction is the way to go. It should be either end of riding day Saturday or Sunday (20th, 21st). It is more likely to be the Sunday but we will see.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think coordinating a link up in cave junction is the way to go. It should be either end of riding day Saturday or Sunday (20th, 21st). It is more likely to be the Sunday but we will see.

Lone, provide a link and I will meet you there on Sunday. I will skip Crater Lake on the way up, I'll hit it on the way back down to Vegas or I still might hit it the next day. I'll be rolling in from Lake Tahoe on Sunday, assuming I have a place to stay in Cave Junction.

Hopefully Mark or others can join us on Sunday night and Monday.

Kenny

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok that's this coming weekend. I will see what I can do to rondeview with you and Kenny. That's a great highway. I did that last year from Grants Pass to California then up the Oregon coast. :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it's beautiful. Best part is how there's so little traffic. I loved central/southern Oregon. It's a great area.

If I am like WAY behind schedule I'll be there Monday. But I am thinking Sunday is a reasonable and the most likely time for me to make it there.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
They have a hotel thing up there. That's the meet up point. I'll figure out reservations.

You better, because their room rates don't look very attractive and the rooms are definately not five star, like I am accustomed to.

I noticed that they have family suites, maybe we can cram into one big room if there are three beds.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
$99-$120 for a room is pretty typical. You can call ahead I can be unreliable with that stuff sometimes haha.

But this made me lol:

the rooms are definately not five star, like I am accustomed to.

Standards......

Kenny has them.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yum Yum, maynot be five star accomodations but the menu looks awsome. Can't wait! I am going to pig out!

Chateau Dining Room 2011 Menu

FineDiningCover.jpg

DAILY DINNER SPECIALS

Monday - Eggplant Parmesan
Fresh eggplant lightly breaded and grilled. Topped with mozzarella cheese and home made marinara sauce. Served with fresh baked garlic bread.
$19.95

Tuesday - Northwest Pot Roast
Served with mashed potatoes and sweet corn.
$20.95

Wednesday - Seafood Pasta
Fettuccine tossed with crab meat, shrimp, salmon and halibut, served with garlic bread.
$22.95

Thursday - Prime Rib Dinner
Cooked to order, served with your choice of mashed or baked potato and fresh vegetable of the day.
8oz - $21.95
12 oz - $24.95

Friday - Stuffed Pork Chops
Two chops sautéed in a brandy butter sauce, stuffed with mushrooms, red onion and fresh spinach. Served with choice of potato and a fresh vegetable medley.
$22.95

PREMIERS

Seafood Tower
A delicious combination of crab cake, halibut, salmon, shrimp & scallops.
$13.99

Twice Baked Potatoes
Two baked potatoes, cut in half and stuffed with our chef's own special recipe, then baked again to perfection.
$7.95

Stuffed Mushrooms
Fresh, organic mushrooms stuffed with a spinach and artichoke dip. Served with fresh vegetable sticks.
$8.95

Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Five large prawns sautéed in lemon, white wine, butter & garlic sauce served over a lemon crown.
$11.99

Italian Sampler
Thin cut salami with thin cut mozzarella, Romano tomato wedges and Brochette.
$9.99

Vegetable Skewers
A perfect combination of fresh vegetables lightly marinated with our own special sauce and grilled.
$8.95

Pacific Crab Cakes
Lightly seasoned crab cakes, coated with Japanese bread crumbs then sautéed until golden brown & served with a tomato basil pesto & lemon wedges.
$12.99

Smoked Salmon & Lemon Dill Goat Cheese
Marinated and smoked in our smokers with hickory, then layered next to slices of goat cheese and lemon wedges.
$11.99

ENTREES

New York Steak
A flavorful steak seasoned and cooked to order. Optional demi red wine & mushroom glaze. Served with vegetables and choice of potato.
$28.95

Grilled Salmon Filet
Northwest salmon filet served with your choice of a fruit salsa, jalapeno-honey glaze, or a pesto sauce. Served with rice and vegetables.
$23.95

Rainbow Trout
Breaded and pan fried, blackened, or stuffed with bacon, onions and mushrooms. Served with rice and vegetables.
$23.95

Malibu Chicken
Chicken Breast topped with ham, mozzarella and pineapple. Served with choice of rice, baked or mashed potato and vegetables.
$22.95

Bison Meatloaf in Gravy
Savory, lean and rich, Full Circle Ranch, Oregon-raised bison combined with Taylor’s sweet Italian sausage & our chef’s special seasoning.
$22.95

Pasta Alfredo
Your choice of chicken, smoked salmon or a medley of vegetables. Served with garlic bread.
$19.95

Vegetarian Lasagna
Filled with garden vegetables with plenty of mozzarella & marinara sauce. Served with garlic bread.
$18.95

Ribeye Steak and Shrimp
A juicy ribeye steak served with 3 crunchy shrimp.
$30.95
with Shrimp $33.95

Grilled Halibut
A filet of fresh Halibut served pan fried or sautéed with lemon, butter, white wine and garlic. Served with your choice of potato or rice and a medley of fresh vegetables.
$24.95

Pork Chops
Pan fried and drizzled with a succulent raspberry sauce or grilled with a mouth-watering brown sugar glaze. Served with choice of potato and sautéed vegetables.
$23.95

Apple Spinach Salad
Fresh spinach tossed with candied walnuts, fresh red apple slices, blue cheese and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Served with garlic bread.
$9.95
Add seasoned chicken breast $12.95