battery trouble

TIMSHADY06

Reaction score
Visit site
New here so take it easy on me, my battery died on me after a long winter of no riding here in the Northwest. I've found a replacement batt but it's on order -- I wanted to know if anybody knows if a wider battery would fit in my bike the difference in width is from 2 3/4 inches on the replacement to 3 7/16 inches on the other. Since it is now about 75 degrees I would like to not wait 3 more days to go riding...........you guys should understand how that feels:thumbup:

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to tell you but the bigger batter will not fit. the battery box is very small and there is no room around the battery box where you could mod it to make it fit. http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/1666-bd43s-07-headlight-mod-part-2-a.html

The link above is for the dual headlight mod but it you can see how big the batter box and what I mean by there is no space. the pic with the guy holding a bolt is probable the best.

kerpal

Reaction score
Visit site
New here so take it easy on me, my battery died on me after a long winter of no riding here in the Northwest. I've found a replacement batt auto body part but it's on order -- I wanted to know if anybody knows if a wider battery would fit in my bike the difference in width is from 2 3/4 inches on the replacement to 3 7/16 inches on the other. Since it is now about 75 degrees I would like to not wait 3 more days to go riding...........you guys should understand how that feels:thumbup:

YOu want a wider battery?? Will that fit?