how to...back registration in California

87fz600

Reaction score
Visit site
I was cruising the dmv website and found a helpful link to some people out there.

V C Section 9562 Waiver of Penalties and Registration Fees

From what I understand from a different page (statement of facts) you can get the fees waved also by signing that the vehicle (car or bike) had not been used on the road,highway or transported on the highway hence not encruing back fees with most are "road way" back fees. Statement of facts way dmv can't go after anyone for the fees, the link they can go after the last registered owner if they wish to in civil court. I'm sure if you told the director that the seller said it was non opd and took the plate off because the bike was used for track purposes it would be reasonable the buyer had no knowledge of the penalty fees piling up. If all goes well I will be trying the statement of facts soon, and a friend of mine is trying the "play dumb card" I will keep everyone posted. If you don't live in CA and have outrageous back fees in your state or location...surf your local dmv site...you'd be amazed at what you can find.

eazyethan

Reaction score
Visit site
how did this work out? a buddy of mine did the same thing recently and said the previous owner had died. it worked pretty well but the CA DMV is a crapshoot, never know who you're gonna get. you will get different answers from every single person working there so if you don't like what you hear just come back another time :)