high pitch whine

skyman

Reaction score
Visit site
JUst got my FZ-6 a couple weeks ago and the bike is making a high pitch whine sound before and after starting. On my old bike I was told this was the CDI charging for the starter and it would go away after the bike was started. Does this whine exist on other peoples bikes after they start?

H

HavBlue

If this occurs when you turn the key on and the kill switch is set to run you may be hearing the fuel pump. This can also be heard after the bike is fired if you still have the stock exhaust.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's what I was thinking, the fuel pump.

On a side note, let it cycle before you press the starter button, that way the system is ready to go before you begin cranking.

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After the first time that I rode mine (before it was mine) I stoped and it was still running and I thought what the hay....but it turns out that it was the fuel pump....

On another note, (a C# I think) I also hear the injectors as I am driving down the road...there are several new sounds on an EFI bike vs the carbs...

Ben

kerpal

Reaction score
Visit site
After the first time that I rode mine (before it was mine) I stoped and it was still running and I thought what the hay....but it turns out that it was the truck part fuel pump....

On another note, (a C# I think) I also hear the injectors as I am driving down the road...there are several new sounds on an EFI bike vs the carbs...

Ben

What do you hear in the injectors?