Harley Down

RustyBasterd

Reaction score
Visit site
As I pulled up to my office building today directly in front was an ambulance and my co workers sportster. Apparently he tried to make a left turn in to the parking lot but he wasn't paying attention to the pine straw on the ground. So he dumped it and broke the shift peg off and his left rear turn signal, all and all not that bad. He did sprain his wrist and got cut up a little. Now I have been telling him to take a MSF class since before he bought the bike 2 months ago. Even now he refuses to take the class, I have tried to teach him as much as I can but he wants to learn the hard way.

P.S. He was wearing a BILT modular helmet when he went down and at 10-15 mph and it opened up on him, so I would not recommend them to anyone.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
You have done your best so just back off. If he wants to learn the 'hard way' that is his decision.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I know a bike instructor who says there are 2 kinds of students that make him cringe...the young kid on his crotch rocket, and the mid-life crisis businessman on his Harley. Neither one wants to listen and neither one has a bike they can handle.

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
As I pulled up to my office building today directly in front was an ambulance and my co workers sportster. Apparently he tried to make a left turn in to the parking lot but he wasn't paying attention to the pine straw on the ground. So he dumped it and broke the shift peg off and his left rear turn signal, all and all not that bad. He did sprain his wrist and got cut up a little. Now I have been telling him to take a MSF class since before he bought the bike 2 months ago. Even now he refuses to take the class, I have tried to teach him as much as I can but he wants to learn the hard way.

P.S. He was wearing a BILT modular helmet when he went down and at 10-15 mph and it opened up on him, so I would not recommend them to anyone.

Did you not happen to think that he had the helmet up when he went down?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess you missed his sarcasm there.....

LOL, rye.. did you see the date of the post you replied to? I know you're new, but damn.. that must be a resurrection record!! :thumbup:

:welcome:

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes the forum home page displays threads like they're new, but they're actually super old. I must not be the only one this happens to.