Camping Trip in Vermont

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife Holly and I just got back from a few days camping off the bikes. We rode in some torrential rain on Monday for about 15 miles. All in all it was a blast. We stayed at Half Moon Pond State Park in VT. I totally have to get hard saddle bags.

Here's a link to a public Facebook album: Camping pics

The good news is that Holly loves her GS500 and can't wait for more trips.

Joe

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I wasn't too far from you this weekend. Took a cruise up 7 to Rutland. Beautiful part of the world.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful! Love the waterfall.. and love VT in general. Hope to retire there.

Wife and I are likely heading up there this weekend (Killington.. for some mountain bike riding and wine festival :D )

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, guys. It was very peaceful. The riding was great (except for the thunderstorm), and the camping was serene. We about had the place to ourselves.

Erci, I recall a trip I made up to Mt. Snow for mountain biking. I couldn't afford the lift ticket, so I rode up and down the whole hill twice in one day. Ah, youth . . .

Joe

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
You just missed us!

232323232%7Ffp53999%3Enu%3D328%3B%3E676%3E94%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3656%3A5924532%3Bnu0mrj

I was up there with a group a few weeks ago. We didn't camp but we did stay at an inn in downtown Stowe. Ended up doing over 700 miles all throughout New England that weekend.

Have you been up to Mt. Greylock?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Erci, I recall a trip I made up to Mt. Snow for mountain biking. I couldn't afford the lift ticket, so I rode up and down the whole hill twice in one day. Ah, youth . . .

Joe

Nice! I've only climbed Mt.Snow once in one day on my bike :thumbup:

We go up to either Killington or Stratton nearly every weekend in the Winter!

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
We couldn't even get ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. Honestly, I couldn't wait to get out of there. We've camped in Savoy, MA and hiked Mt. Greylock. Beautiful spot.

Joe

I was very disappointed with the B&J tour as well. Waste of a half hour if you ask me.

Greylock is a fun ride if you have never done the auto road. Can be very nerve wracking but fun.

I am hoping to get up to the App Gap and Quechee gorge by the end of the riding season.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pictures! I used to camp at Lake Bomosene (Sp?) when we were kids. Love Vermont. We'd stop and get some of the best cheeses nd of course maple syrup!

Last edited:

BuickNick72

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to see you are putting my bike to good use!!! I saw a link to this site from another forum and decided to see if I could find my old bike. I was a memeber here from when I had the FZ.
The paint looks good! Hope the bike's treating you good, I love to see it all loaded up and being used for what it was made for. Awesome trip, not the first time it's been camping in VT. Funny that your wife went the sport bike route, I remember her rolling her eyes when you came to trade the cruiser for the FZ, lol.

I put a couple hundred miles on the Aero over a few months, then sold it to a guy looking to get into a bigger bike. It was a real nice bike, kinda miss it.

:thumbup:

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful! Love the waterfall.. and love VT in general. Hope to retire there.

Wife and I are likely heading up there this weekend (Killington.. for some mountain bike riding and wine festival :D )

My buddy is the marketing director guy for Killington, he sets these events up and runs most of them. Hope you had a good time - he works his arse off on those weekends!