California Superbike School - Sep. 5th and 6th

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I think I am going to sign up for the California Superbike School on September 5th in southern NJ (Thunderbolt Raceway). It's $450 for the day if you use your own bike and a couple hundred more if you want to use one of theirs. I think all of the tiers are still open. I'm going for the first one.

I've heard incredible things about the instruction, so I'm going to give it a shot. I think that by having a coach on a track I'll improve my cornering ability a whole bunch. Just wanted to post here and let everyone know they'll be in town if you're interested.

Motorcycle Riding School - California Superbike School

-Nick

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome!! I've been wanting to go for a while, but I'm not sure if I can shell out that much change :(

S

Shamus McFeeley

I've been several times and I used the BMW. Trust me, its much more worth it to use their bike, you won't regret it.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah man, I'm sorry to hear some of you guys can't dish out the cash just yet. Maybe try and shoot for it on the next tour!

Did you ride the new BMW S1000RR? I'm guessing they put it in rain mode or something, because there is no way I'm at the level to handle that much of a bike.

I really wanted to use my FZ6 just so I could come home with the practical knowledge and tips for my particular bike. I have a feeling if I take a 180+ hp superbike on a track I'm going to come home and sell my Fazer. Hahaha.

-Nick

Vertigo

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been planning to save up over the winter to possibly take it at VIR next spring/summer. Don't you have to put up something like $1200 for a deposit as well if you use their bikes?

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been planning to save up over the winter to possibly take it at VIR next spring/summer. Don't you have to put up something like $1200 for a deposit as well if you use their bikes?

Yep. Deposits state:

"Our BMW S1000RR - $1250
Leathers - $200"

-Nick

S

Shamus McFeeley

I went to VIR. It has a fun front straight, but Barber is way more fun.