Suzuki Sv650

W

wrightme43

It is also slower.
However it does have more torque down low, and I would love to ride one back to back to compare them.
In my opinion our bike looks more finished than the sv, but the sv does look good.
I mean the little stuff, like the way the bars look, the way way the gauge cluster looks, stuff like that.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never been a huge fan of V-Twins but they do have great low end torque. Some of the compaison articles I've read between the SV650 vs FZ6 said that the SV would be a better choice for a beginner due to it's easy access to the bikes low end torque but in typical Yamaha fashion, the FZ6 out performs the SV650 and the others in this class, the rider just has to be up to the challange using rev's to leave the other guys looking at his/her twin undertail exaust pipes.

W

wrightme43

07 FZ6 vs. 05 sv650
12.369 wins to 12.723
111.02mph to 104.99

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't let the times fool you. It's actualy a pretty good spread considering the speeds and ET's. The FZ6 would be quite a few bike lengths ahead at the finish line.;)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Whenever I get a chance, I'm going to stop by the Suzuki dealership and check one out. I realize our bikes our faster than the SV, just kind of ironic how close they look. However, the GSX looks real sharp.

cannonball

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont know what the motivation is...but up here in Canada, we have a "Parts Canada" Superbike series and at these races they have an sv 650 cup race. I guess Suzuki is trying hard to push these bikes. No comparo to the fz though.;)

W

wrightme43

a guy I know has made one into a dedicated track bike. He loves it. The V engine is cool, I mean I kinda want a ducati but just cant afford one yet. LOL