Video of Eurotrip 2011 with Cali Rider

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
So per this thread, Cali Rider and I spent 2 weeks in France back in April 2011... we came back with a million photos and quite a lot of videos too, so it took me until now to be able to finish PART I of the video (I think there will be 3 total).

This was by far the most epic trip I have ever been on and I have many amazing memories, anecdotes, stories... etc... hopefully we'll be able to share some of them in this thread...

Anyway, here are PART I & II, III & IV, enjoy:

PART I: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIXikpNkjkk"]Eurotrip 2011 PART 1[/ame]

PART II: Dailymotion - Eurotrip 2011 PART II -

PART III: Dailymotion - Eurotrip 2011 Part III -

PART IV: Dailymotion - Eurotrip 2011 Part IV -

and finally, PART V: Dailymotion - Eurotrip 2011 Part V -

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In a word.. EPIC!

Thanks for sharing this with us!! :thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Exellent David!!

That was definetly worth waiting for. I am looking foward to the others.

and as always....liked the music selections :thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Your sister is hot.

The blue building about 5 minutes in...you used to work there?

Great video...nice to see John behind the camera getting some good shots :thumbup:

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one David! So far so good, and you've done a great job showing off France - it's a beautiful country! I've been to most of the places in the vid so far, except Colmar and Strasbourg, but I happen to be off to there next weekend!

Cali Rider seemed so surprised about parking on the pavement in Lyon! You can get away with a hell of a lot more here than in the States or the UK that's for sure!

Looking forward to the next installment!

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a lot David for sharing with us.

Great images, video, songs, I can only image the great time you guys had there :thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Your sister is hot.

The blue building about 5 minutes in...you used to work there?

Great video...nice to see John behind the camera getting some good shots :thumbup:

Thx I'll relay the compliment :)

The blue building is where I went to college... it's thanks to that school that I ended up in the US. It's a hybrid school that was created by a bunch of entrepreneurs with a curriculum made up of 50% engineering and 50% international business/marketing classes.

Nice one David! So far so good, and you've done a great job showing off France - it's a beautiful country! I've been to most of the places in the vid so far, except Colmar and Strasbourg, but I happen to be off to there next weekend!

Cali Rider seemed so surprised about parking on the pavement in Lyon! You can get away with a hell of a lot more here than in the States or the UK that's for sure!

Looking forward to the next installment!

Thanks man! Just wait to see the next videos, a lot more about France to come :)

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That was frickin' awesome David. I was smiling and envious the whole time I was watching it. Great editing and music too.
I won't say it was a trip of a lifetime because you're both young, but what a memorable adventure to have been able to share as two close friends and to have the video record to look back on.
Thanks for sharing it with us. :thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope to have more like it John, but you're right, it was a trip of a lifetime in terms of friendship, family, scenery and motorcycle riding :)

here is a sneak peak at the next 2 parts:

Le Pont du Gard:

5929161786_06e169543a_b.jpg

South of Corsica:

5928603937_01f01f34d8_b.jpg

Top of the Mountain in Corsica:

5929162678_b525601c57_b.jpg

Monaco. Standing on the Start/Finish line of the Formula 1 track (front straight):

5928604911_03e76aeaff_b.jpg

Les Alpes

5928605265_99705809e2_b.jpg

5928605479_521ee833fe_b.jpg

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Being from the UK it was interesting to hear your French accent with an American twang to it.

Looking forward to the other videos especially Le Pont du Gard, I went there in 2004 but had to leave early :(

It's nice to see videos of members, you can put a face and personality to the words on these pages.

Thanks so much for posting :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome!Thank you for the video and pics. I been waiting for this part of the report.
I look forward to seeing you and John on the ride!

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
But dude!!! THE WORLD IS A TRIAL VERSION!!?!?!?! They didn't teach me that in school :/

AWESOME vid man - thanks a lot for sharing! Looking forward to parts 2 and 3!!!!

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome video!!!

absolutely amazing.

looking forwarding to see the rest!.

What a nice accents contrast between the full us english of cali rider and the french us english from you wavex :D

you guys should see me and listen to me speaking in english, I guess that would be hilarious for you, imagine a colombian accent, specifically "paisa" accent (from Medellín, a pretty well defined regional accent) trying hard to talk in a well formed english, I guess DefyInertia (for his colombian riding buddy) and others should have an idea of what I am talking about jejeje

Cheers and congratulations for your fantastic trip :thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Because I hadn't really heard anything for a while I thought you guys had a row or something. Luckily it was just the editing time for this amazing video :thumbup:

Looking forward to part 2 and 3 :rockon:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Pont du Gard--hey, I went swimming there in '85! Ahh, the baguettes, croissants (I can smell them). That's some great video production. Vive la France! I guess you guys got used to paying 1.30+ euro per liter over there. Now, gas is a bargain over here even at around $4 per gallon, huh?

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Being from the UK it was interesting to hear your French accent with an American twang to it.

Looking forward to the other videos especially Le Pont du Gard, I went there in 2004 but had to leave early :(

It's nice to see videos of members, you can put a face and personality to the words on these pages.

Thanks so much for posting :thumbup:

Thanks man! I should be able to post the next installment by next weekend :rockon:

But dude!!! THE WORLD IS A TRIAL VERSION!!?!?!?! They didn't teach me that in school :/

AWESOME vid man - thanks a lot for sharing! Looking forward to parts 2 and 3!!!!

lol Google Earth doesn't let you capture video unless you get the PRO version... and the PRO version is $400/year, so I used the trial version only... the problem is that the trial version expires in a week, so I can't do the nice animations anymore :spank:

Because I hadn't really heard anything for a while I thought you guys had a row or something. Luckily it was just the editing time for this amazing video :thumbup:

Looking forward to part 2 and 3 :rockon:

We were going to make ppl think the trip wasn't that great and then follow up with all the cool photos/stories etc.... but no-one really picked up on it in the original thread, so we dropped it :) And now it's taking me forever to work on the videos!!!

Pont du Gard--hey, I went swimming there in '85! Ahh, the baguettes, croissants (I can smell them). That's some great video production. Vive la France! I guess you guys got used to paying 1.30+ euro per liter over there. Now, gas is a bargain over here even at around $4 per gallon, huh?

Gas, Toll Gates, the horrible exchange rate, etc... all contributed to destroy our original budget estimates :D