Shoei TZR for G/F - Takes?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So G/F and I are headed to Cycle Gear this evening to pick out some gear for her. Lid, jacket, gloves, she has boots.

She describes herself as a "girly-girl" likes pinks, lime greens, baby blues, bright colors, but she can do the Goth thing too. Very versatile. I digress.

Any who...anyone have any takes on the Shoei TZR helmet? I've had Shoei RF's in the past a loved them.

I sent her a photo of this TZR and she LOVED it. Hopefully it fits her well.

She likes the Aplinestars jacket too.

Has Harley boots from her biker chick days. Versatile I tell you...

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Well you see, my friend, well he says it burns when he pees..... stop messing around Top, we know the pink helmet is for you! I think it would look good with your desert cammys!

Ok OK all kidding aside, my G/F has a HJC and she loves it but why dont you just bring her down to the store to try them on, you know fit means more than prettyness.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh we're headed down to the shop today. I was looking for takes on wind noise, etc.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well we ended up with the Shoei RF-1000, much nicer helmet than the TZR, better venting, lighter, and it fit her perfectly.

And of course she loved the graphics, a pink butterfly, she is the self described "girly-girl"!

We're still looking a jackets, not too much in her size that she liked. Needs to be/have pink, but not too "sporty", ie: no logos. :confused:

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha! When I first saw your post, I was going to say, "Check out the RF-1000." ;) I found the same thing - lighter than the TZ, and I liked the feel of the thing on my head better.

I have a girly-girl pink helmet for dirt/SM, too. Bell SC, very light, DOT/Snell M2005.

Bell SC SCX Helmet Motocross Helmets Dirt Bike

Untitled-10.jpg

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha! When I first saw your post, I was going to say, "Check out the RF-1000." ;) I found the same thing - lighter than the TZ, and I liked the feel of the thing on my head better.

I have a girly-girl pink helmet for dirt/SM, too. Bell SC, very light, DOT/Snell M2005.

Bell SC SCX Helmet Motocross Helmets Dirt Bike

Untitled-10.jpg

I love it!

Once the friendly folks at Cycle Gear pointed out the differences between the TZ and the RF it was a no brainer.

She ended up with Frank Thomas gloves and jackets. The cool thing is I get an automatic 10% off at CG, so I had more money for beer and wine!

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great choice on the helmet! I actually wanted that one myself, but the Shoei's just don't fit my melon... :-(

Honestly, I'm not much of a girly-girl, but hate feeling so "androgenous" in my all-black gear... maybe I should get some pink gloves too!!! :D

I like the jacket - I have a Frank Thomas as well for those "wetter-and-cooler" days around here. Mine's a different (shorter) style, but I love it and it's been bomb-proof so far.

Have a great trip, BTW!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great choice on the helmet! I actually wanted that one myself, but the Shoei's just don't fit my melon... :-(

Honestly, I'm not much of a girly-girl, but hate feeling so "androgenous" in my all-black gear... maybe I should get some pink gloves too!!! :D

I like the jacket - I have a Frank Thomas as well for those "wetter-and-cooler" days around here. Mine's a different (shorter) style, but I love it and it's been bomb-proof so far.

Have a great trip, BTW!

Oh we did. It was wonderful, she agreed to marry me! :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you're getting married already??

Yes J already. Some people think we are nuts but after being a bad marriage for the past 12 years and wanting nothing more but out, this feels so right. We have also know each other for the past three years so its not like we are starting from scratch.

It has taken the past 20 months and a war to get out. So really I've been single for almost two years.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You're crazy!!!! Too bad I'll miss you in Vegas by a few days - I'd be a witness - lol! Say "Hi" to Elvis for me! ;)

That would have been great if you could have made it. We're passing on Elvis however! Bellagio. It's a "serious" fun wedding. Just us.

J

jsteinb95

Yes J already. Some people think we are nuts but after being a bad marriage for the past 12 years and wanting nothing more but out, this feels so right. We have also know each other for the past three years so its not like we are starting from scratch.

It has taken the past 20 months and a war to get out. So really I've been single for almost two years.

My post wasn't meant in a mean way. I have no room to talk, I got married after 5 months of meeting Danny. Gotta follow your heart.

I'm very happy for you. Wishing you the BEST!!!!!

Congratulations!!! :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My post wasn't meant in a mean way. I have no room to talk, I got married after 5 months of meeting Danny. Gotta follow your heart.

I'm very happy for you. Wishing you the BEST!!!!!

Congratulations!!! :thumbup:

No I didn't take it that way at all. Most people are surprised.