more pics from Colorado :)

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Guess I should post up a few obligatory pictures from our last trip :D....

John & I left Colorado Springs on Wed morning and headed up towards Aspen for the night. Independance Pass was exceptionally pretty this trip, hardly any wind up there, that's always a plus. The next morning, we had to hike up to the Maroon Bell Mountains (I can't go to Aspen without seeing them...and you can see why :D). The Today Show was doing something up there, cause we walked right by Hoda & Kathie Lee.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The second day we were headed to Grand Junction to meet our son Steve. We rode over Grand Mesa, it was cold & overcast, so I really didn't take too many from there. And by the time we rolled into GJ, we hit a wind & rain storm like nothing I'd ever been in before. The wind was so strong it pushed me from one side on my lane to the other. Scary stuff.

Our 3rd day we rode Highway 141 had a very pretty canyon that led us to Gateway,Co. They had a little car museum there that had a $3,240,000 car in it. But we did not have the time to go in. :rolleyes:

Then the best part...Highway 550, aka The Million Dollar Highway.

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Passed thru Pagosa Springs, but didn't stop because I heard that "tourist season" had started and I know the Mexican't needed some target pratice :)
Did however stop at the summit of Wolf Creek for a photo op.

For lunch we stopped in a little mining town called Creede...lots of bikes there. I even spotted a FZ6 with a Yamaha jacket tossed over it...anyone here? And had to snap a pic of a V8 Custom bike we saw. I wondered if it costs as much as my car!?

Spring Creek Pass....basically the beginning of the Rio Grande River.

Then as we left Gunnison, we had a "Wild Hog" moment....rode thru a swarm of little green flying things! Good Lord.

Well that's it...till next time.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing pics Brenda , thanks for sharing :thumbup: It sounds like a fantastic family trip... Cant wait to see the area in person one day :rockon:

Ohh yeah & how cool are those bug splatters :BLAA:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE! I'm actually planning a trip to Colorado this summer. Brenda, maybe you can recommend a good route to Denver for me. I'm planning to hit SW Colorado like Durango on the way back to Vegas.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics Brenda! Beautiful! A V8 motorcycle! Been a while since I was through Colorado on a bike.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stunning views and great pics in general! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing pics Brenda , thanks for sharing :thumbup: It sounds like a fantastic family trip... Cant wait to see the area in person one day :rockon:

Ohh yeah & how cool are those bug splatters :BLAA:
Like wot he says, Really pretty scenery.

Nelly

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad you had a nice trip (well, other than the rain storm and nasty bugs). Imagine if you weren't wearing a full face helmet! Mmmm, tasty!! :BLAA:

Last edited:

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
The scenery is awesome! Just like the bike standing in front of it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8THAXh3geI]YouTube - ‪Say, That's a Nice Bike‬‏[/ame]

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awww you guys shoulda gave me call when you came through. :( Been so busy lately that a quick ride would have been very welcome. Great pics, now I'm jealous too!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE! I'm actually planning a trip to Colorado this summer. Brenda, maybe you can recommend a good route to Denver for me. I'm planning to hit SW Colorado like Durango on the way back to Vegas.

Kenny I'd be happy to. But FYI, all roads lead in & out of Colorado Springs for me, so you'll have to come thru here to get anywhere! LOL.
How much time will you have here anyway?

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awww you guys shoulda gave me call when you came through. :( Been so busy lately that a quick ride would have been very welcome. Great pics, now I'm jealous too!

Brian, we zipped thru there around 10:30 am Sat. morning. And since I was unsure about when exactly we'd be there....well that's why I didn't contact ya this time :(
But I was thinking about ya when we rode thru. :)

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As we were leaving the Maroon Bells, this photographer asked if he could take our picture.....he e-mailed them this morning.
The first 2 are fantastic, I'm a little fuzzy in the last pic, but that's normal :)