New Bike Roadstar Silverado

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not for me, but other roomate decided to get a bike so lucky me got to ride it back from LA last night. Unfortunatley I wasn't able to go about the roundabout way home taking it thru the twisties via ACH, as it was all late night slabbing up I-15.

2000 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado Edition. Almost 1700cc and weighs about 800lbs.

ROADSTAR.jpg

ROADSTAR2.jpg

ROADSTAR3.jpg

ROADSTAR1.jpg

So here is my review of the bike:

Looks like a Harley and sounds just like one, it rumbles and vibrates. Has a floorboard so no pegs, and comes with heel shifter but I didn't use it too much.

Fuel Mileage? Sucks up fuel big time, I literally can see the needle on the fuel gauge gradually move....LOL. I had to fill up three times on a 260 mile trip. Got the bike empty, so had to fill it up in LA. Topped off in Barstow thinking that 150 miles away from Vegas would be good. Wrong, had to fillup at Stateline, 30 miles short of Vegas. I guess going 80mph on the indicator didn't help fuel economy. It is almost 1700cc. Just to give you an idea, I regulary fill up with my FZ 30 miles south of Barstow, in Victorville and I can make it Vegas and then ride it the next day and still have plenty of fuel.

Windscreen was nice, it really cut down on the windnoise. I actually could hear my ipod.

Instrument panel: I will never buy a bike where the intruments panels are located ontop of the fuel tank. I never like the idea of taking my eyes off the road and looking down to see how fast I'm going or whatever else, like turn signal indicators, etc. It's dangerous. A glance at the indicator yes, but physically having to put your head down, not good.

Throttle lock? None, my right arm is sore.

Highway pegs? None, but I'm sure it could be installed. I really couldn't stretch out like on my FZ, where my frame sliders act as leg rests like a nice recliner.

Vibration: It was excessive, I could see through the shield of my helmet that it was vibrating.

Seat: It was a Mustang seat. :thumbup:

Even at 1700cc, didn't have the getty up as the FZ. It definately has go, but nothing like the FZ.

Bike is not for me. Believe it or not, if I had to do an Iron Butt, I would take my FZ6.

Last edited:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i am not a fan of clumsy overweight/underpowered cruisers. I never will get how people buy them, put on a loud exhaust and rev them up everywhere they go like their bike is bad@ss/fast lol.

I hope he likes his new bike though, wow is that thing heavy lol.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My neighbor has a 2010 Stratoliner 802 lbs, 1854cc, I've ridden worse cruisers and I enjoyed it compared to others I've ridden. I really don't feel comfy in that position and it takes a long time for any maneuver to take place. Sort of scary to me.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally prefer a cruiser. I would say put a decent exhaust system on it change the drive sprocket, add a velocity stack, and tune it correctly and you would have a different opinion of it. Does it have a fuel processor?