Knee down?

FZ6jersey

Reaction score
Visit site
Does any body "drag knees" on there Fzs? I have a friend with a GSXR600 and can do it all day but my fz doesnt feel quite as sporty as his. So anybody do it on the track or on the street? Does anybody have any tips??
Thanks
Josh

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish!

There are plenty of members that have had their knees down on the Fizzer.

You could always scrape your knee sliders on a brick wall and just TELL everyone you did it LOL

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does any body "drag knees" on there Fzs? I have a friend with a GSXR600 and can do it all day but my fz doesnt feel quite as sporty as his. So anybody do it on the track or on the street? Does anybody have any tips??
Thanks
Josh

It depends. I've done it on the FZ6 but rarely. One thing is I have short legs and I keep my butt half off the seat in a turn. My knees just don't reach as easily as taller people. Clearance may not be as much as you need on the FZ6 as well as suspension settings. How much you're off the bike has a lot to do with it. If you start scratching a peg in a turn you might panic and stand the bike up quickly and be out of the turn. When you're at a decent pace ina turn the FZ6 starts to compress the suspension and you loose some of your clearance and can be on a peg pretty unexpectedly.
I would suggest trying to find an empty open lot where you can practice with out the worry of going out of a turn.

Johnstrat1927

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks
Josh

I do on twisty mountain roads (Sorry but I don't think it's stupid). I haven't taken my FZ6 out on the track though as I have a bike for that job but I'm planing to try it out soon.

4-1.png

I'm 5'6, 210 lbs yes I'm short and fat but I could drag a knee on the fazer with my butt crack on the edge of the seat so anyone can do it.
All I can say is that it's all about body positioning. Watch twist of the wrist it will help a lot! I suggest you practice it on a track first just to be safe. Good luck Josh.

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I do on twisty mountain roads (Sorry but I don't think it's stupid). I haven't taken my FZ6 out on the track though as I have a bike for that job but I'm planing to try it out soon.

4-1.png

I'm 5'6, 210 lbs yes I'm short and fat but I could drag a knee on the fazer with my butt crack on the edge of the seat so anyone can do it.
All I can say is that it's all about body positioning. Watch twist of the wrist it will help a lot! I suggest you practice it on a track first just to be safe. Good luck Josh.

Hey dude , did you know you have a headlight out :eek: :spank: :BLAA: :BLAA: :ban: Sorry I coulnt resist :thumbup:

Johnstrat1927

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey dude , did you know you have a headlight out :eek: :spank: :BLAA: :BLAA: :ban: Sorry I coulnt resist :thumbup:

Is it not supposed to be like that? My FZ6 only has one light on when its on dim but both turns on when on bright. All my previous sport bikes are like this so I just assumed it was normal. :confused:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it not supposed to be like that? My FZ6 only has one light on when its on dim but both turns on when on bright. All my previous sport bikes are like this. :confused:

Yeah mate thats normal , left is low beam & right is high... Its just a running joke around the forum that people are always getting told they have a headlight out :D

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah mate thats normal , left is low beam & right is high... Its just a running joke around the forum that people are always getting told they have a headlight out :D

Every time...EVERY TIME....EVERY TIME I TAKE MY FZ6 OUT, SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT MY HEADLIGHT! ARRGGGHHH!!!!

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Every time...EVERY TIME....EVERY TIME I TAKE MY FZ6 OUT, SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT MY HEADLIGHT! ARRGGGHHH!!!!

Happens to me all the time too.

One time a sportbike rider pulled up next to me and told me that - I didn't say a word, just slightly turned the bike to face him and flipped on the bright.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
264719_726700265137_45607177_36861854_6701097_n.jpg

It's possible :rockon:

269414_726699351967_45607177_36861834_1093309_n.jpg

Stock everything, took off peg feelers and center stand though.
did your side stand scrap as well? the base of my side stand getting smaller, not sure if there's any way i can prevent that, apart from taking it out before i go track.

Abschatten

Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah i get that **** all the time >.<. All my friends and people I've talked to on the street always say hey man you know you have a headlight out right? It makes me laugh.

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
did your side stand scrap as well? the base of my side stand getting smaller, not sure if there's any way i can prevent that, apart from taking it out before i go track.

Yea side stand did scrape, I ended up taking it off for my next track day. Also need to do something about the pegs, since they're scraping too.

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
as for the knee down you can wear out a set of pucks no problem on the FZ im on my 3rd set now...

yes the side stand will scrape... i remove mine for the track... the peg feelers got removed way back after i bought the bike... it would be hard to get a knee down with those on... as for scraping pegs... i would think that at that point your just about out of tread on the sides of the tire and would think unless you went with rear sets i wouldnt want to lean much more... thats getting to the danger zone on the edge of loosing grip... but mine do have some scrapes as well... but rear sets would solve the clearance...

as for the headlight the dual headlight mod is definately the way to go... improved nighttime visability... then you dont have to hear the "hey you have a headlight out" crap...

fastar1

Reaction score
Visit site
This picture was taken two weeks ago. It helps to use sticky tires, in this case Dunlop D209 DOT race tires. Otherwise, the bike is stock (just a trackday fairing in case I go down).

View attachment 37641

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are scratching a peg you have gone far enough to get a knee down.
It may be your body position. Your bum may be off the seat but you could be twisting your upper body back in to the bike.
Nelly