2007 Yamaha FZ6 w/ Full Givi Luggage Sport Touring the way it should be (IL/WI)

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2007 Yamaha FZ6-- SOLD and now residing in Indy!!

Sold!!
:thumbup:
And I'll leave the photos up for reference..:BLAA:

The good:
10500 miles
Factory Touring shield for cooler riding and a Puig cut shield for warm riding
Michelin Pilot Road 2's that have 1000 miles on them
Yamaha original and comfort seats
Heated grips with adjustable heat range
Rizoma handlbars (and stock bar if you want it)
Frame sliders
Powerlet electrical connection
New BMC cleanable air filter
Full Givi luggage system (all bags detatch quickly, but are secure)

The bad:
I don't have room to keep it
There's nothing wrong with this bike..
Ok, I'm keeping the 2610 GPS mount, but leaving the wiring.

side.jpg

frontquarter.jpg

speedo.jpg

back.jpg

risoma.jpg

The biggest complaint about these bikes (and it ain't much) is the angle of the factory bars.. Most replace them with FZ1 bars (flat) or the Rizoma bars that have a touch of rise to them.. I loved what this change did to the bike..

Last edited:

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow...That went fast!!

Congrats on the sale. Out of curiosity, did it end up selling to someone on the forum?

Yep.. Larcklorn was the first intersted party.. I think it will work very well for him, as he's a newish rider who's gone through MSF training.. I've informed him that FZ6's kinda have two personalities.. One's mild mannered and enjoys nice rides, and the other personality throws his hat in the air and yells "YEEEEHAAAWWW" whenever the RPM's hover past 7000..:BLAA:

The bike can be ridden either easy or fast, and a new rider needs to learn his limits before stepping it up, since things come at you pretty fast when the bike's in yeeehaww stage..:D

I think he'll do very, very well with the bike, and as I explained, the bike might be "just a little 600" but it's a full sized bike making 100hp, and a very capable sport touring machine.. I love it for sport touring, and the Givi bag set up on this bike is one of the best I've ever seen...

I can only wish my BMW had two full size bags.. But with high exhaust I've lost about 1/3 of my left size bag to muffler clearance..:(

I've got two wishes for Larcklorn.. Ride safe, and have fun!!!:thumbup:

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it me, or was this a great deal on well-appointed bike?

Joe

Well, I got a very good deal on it when I bought it last fall, and I basically covered the additions I did to it, being the Comfort Seat and the Rizoma bars.. I didn't make any money on it, but I passed it along at a fair price..

I'm glad to see that a new rider is jumping into the sport, and that he's been through training and will be someone to be a good representative of the sport today..

I had a local guy interested in the bike, but he didnt' want the bags or racks.. I recommended that he look elsewhere.. I didn't want to take that stuff off, and the bike is a great package as it is..

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting, if i saw a bike for a great price like that but didn't want the bags, why not buy the bike take the bags off and sell 'em for 500??

Too much work i guess?

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the mounts and bags sell for $950 and are a PITA to remove.. Also I bought the bike with them installed and don't have the parts to put it back to stock..

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't worry - we can still consider you a part owner in it :) Looking forward to making it up from Indianapolis to pick it up real soon. Anyone in Indy interested in making a road trip out of it to Paper's place?

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok - Its all confirmed. Picking up Friday morning and driving back to Indianapolis with a riding buddy. I find myself coming back to this post just to look at the pictures. Paper - she is so pretty did you give her a name?:D

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok - Its all confirmed. Picking up Friday morning and driving back to Indianapolis with a riding buddy. I find myself coming back to this post just to look at the pictures. Paper - she is so pretty did you give her a name?:D

Those photos are before I actually washed it, too..

I've never named a bike until my GS.. It's name is George.. It's because of the Bugs Bunny cartoon where the Abominal Snowman finds the little Bunny Rabbit. I will hug him and stroke him and I will name him George.. A friend of mine said that before I flew out to Spokane, and it sorta stuck..

Same friend always called the FZ6 the "Fizzer".. While I never called it that, it's a good name..

George and I are riding to the credit union to get the title out of my safe deposit box today..:thumbup:

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow man i was surprised when I came on here and saw this. too bad we never got a chance to go for a ride with the fz's. u getting another bike to replace it in the future?

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow man i was surprised when I came on here and saw this. too bad we never got a chance to go for a ride with the fz's. u getting another bike to replace it in the future?

The offer is always open.. I rode back from Spokane last weekend with my new (to me) 2005 R1200Gs, and I've still got my other two older BMW's, as well as my KLR..

Yeah, I'll find something to ride.. :D

This was me at the MT/WY state line of Beartooth Pass on June 4th (touch over a week ago)

SDC11967.jpg