going to my first trackday!

wely324

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to my first track day sunday at NJMP. Im taking my fz6 and just picked up a 1 piece Teknic suit and A* boots as I'm sure it wont be my last track day. Did I mention I am super excited!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have an awesome time. :rockon: There's nothing like riding on the track.
I sure miss my racing days...damn old age.:spank:

wely324

Reaction score
Visit site
My first trackday went well. The fz6 handled the track good but not great and mainly because of suspension and tires imo. I had a blast but by the end as I was progressing faster the stock bridgestone tires really showed there limitations and did not inspire any strong lean angles. But that is no longer a problem as I have since installed new Pilot Power 2ct's for my next trackday, thursday 7/7 at NJMP thunderbolt circuit.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i found my knackered old bt-021's where just fine for leaning, though the slightly squared off tyres felt quite strange for the first few laps until i had sufficiently melted the rubber :D

it's still a pretty decent bike, and can hold it's own with some of the bigger bikes, at least in the novice group :D

next time i'm probably going to rent an R6 though

wely324

Reaction score
Visit site
yea, the bt021's would have faired better for me as well if they didn't have 6000 miles on them already... the 2ct's already feel better on the street tho, so im sure they will be great for the track day.

I would definitely agree a R6 is definitely better for the track tho... I'm hoping to be upgrading in the near future.

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Woo Hoo!! I did my first track day last weekend. Well, it was kind of a track day. it was "Taste of Racing" put on my WMRRA at Pacific Raceways outside of Seattle. For $20 you get 20 minutes on the track. For a first timer, it was perfect but totally left me wanting more. I was the next to slowest rider and got lapped but I didn't care I was having so much fun! If there is anything similar to this program near you, I highly encourage trying it out.

Here is a photo, and I may get some more soon.

1D38033-X2.jpg

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
Woo Hoo!! I did my first track day last weekend. Well, it was kind of a track day. it was "Taste of Racing" put on my WMRRA at Pacific Raceways outside of Seattle. For $20 you get 20 minutes on the track. For a first timer, it was perfect but totally left me wanting more. I was the next to slowest rider and got lapped but I didn't care I was having so much fun! If there is anything similar to this program near you, I highly encourage trying it out.

Here is a photo, and I may get some more soon.

1D38033-X2.jpg

Is that a half naked FZ6?

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe a quarter naked? I ride without the windscreen and find it much quieter with a much smoother air flow. The look has grown on me.