Windy Montezuma Valley Rd.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bryan (Goop) , Anthony (neighbor) and I are on Montezuma Valley Rd. Anza Borrego desert, Ca. The wind today was as strong as I've ever experienced it. Not fun constantly getting buffeted off your line. At one point after we stopped at a lookout you can see Goop grab his bike as the wind starts to blow it off it's stand. We rode more in survival skill mode.
A car with and elderly couple pulled up behind us and another group that just came down the mountains and told us a bike had hit the guard rail. We didn't want to be up there because of the high winds! We rushed back up to see if the rider needed first aid etc. He was okay! Bruised and rasberried in his jeans. His bike was rideable.
We continued a great windy day riding.
Thanks Goop and Anthony for a great ride!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVwzxafVSos]YouTube - ‪Windy on Monty.wmv‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you guys made it back safely. :thumbup:

Discretion is the better part of valor. Wise of you boys to take the prudent ride home.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sunny day, but the wind was flat-out dangerous! I think the guy that crashed was blown out of his line.

Given the Speed 3 has zero aerodynamics, I was wrestling to keep stable for miles. I am one sore puppy today! :D

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Glad you guys are OK. I think the wind is one of the worst conditions to ride in, never know which direction it will hit you from. I remember riding Gold Wings when I lived in Texas at a 30 degree angle to battle the wind, at least it blew in the same direction, sure had to watch it when a semi came from the other direction or you'd end up in the bar ditch(they call them bar ditches in Texas cause that's where the drunk cowboys would end up after the bar closed).

Jerry