NJ/PA/NY Gathering!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planning a long-ish group ride starting from NJ and venturing into PA.
About 120 miles of back roads which should take roughly 4 hours, not counting stops.

Here's a possible route: NJ-PA Ride - Google Maps

Can do this on June 4th or 11th.

Gonna make a food stop at a really cool market and few stops at some scenic locations.

Who's in? What date works better for you?

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, cool!! I am in but can only do June 4th. June 11th is my daughter's recital.

I think Hoshiko (sp?) and SD Willie would be interested too. I will reach out to them

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, let's shoot for June 4th then. Need a rain date too... June 5th?

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
damn i would b in but i have surgery for my wisdom teeth june 3rd:( ill just b high off the prescription n look like a chipmunk lol:Flash:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
damn i would b in but i have surgery for my wisdom teeth june 3rd:( ill just b high off the prescription n look like a chipmunk lol:Flash:

Skip the surgery! We can pull them for you Jackass-style: tie a string around the tooth.. tie the other end to the bike and floor it! :D

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Skip the surgery! We can pull them for you Jackass-style: tie a string around the tooth.. tie the other end to the bike and floor it! :D

Lmao:rof: i swear i would only if i didnt put a damn $1800 payment already...almost $500 a f****** tooth:confused:

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Erci,
That sounds amazing, I can do it any of both weekends but. I sold MY FZ6 :ban::ban: and the new owner is picking it up on Thursday so, for the moment my only transportation is my beloved 2007 Trek Calypso, It has more gears then the FZ6 but only one dude power. :eek:

Have fun, I'm on the market for a new bike, don't forget about me, we'll ride together soon. :rockon:

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
BTW, I'm trying to test ride the Yamaha Super Tenere since that is one of the ones I'm considering but no one seems to have it in the area.
Do you know of a dealership who caries a demo one?

Other bikes to consider and test ride include 2011 Triumph Speed Triple, 2011 Ducati Diavel and Multistrada, 2011 BMW R1200R, F800ST and R1200GS, 2011 Honda NT700V, I'm giving Harley one chance and I'm trying their 2011 V-rod Muscle, I like the white one.

Can't wait, but I already miss my beloved FZ6

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BTW, I'm trying to test ride the Yamaha Super Tenere since that is one of the ones I'm considering but no one seems to have it in the area.

Other bikes to consider and test ride include 2011 Triumph Speed Triple, 2011 Ducati Diavel and Multistrada, 2011 BMW R1200R, F800ST and R1200GS, 2011 Honda NT700V, I'm giving Harley one chance and I'm trying their 2011 V-rod Muscle, I like the white one.

Whoa.. that's quite a list with some very different animals in the mix!! Did I miss a bunch of posts?! How come you sold the FZ?? (nothing wrong with that.. just curious).
Don't know any dealership that'll let you demo ANY bike, so can't help with Tenere.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's figure out start time now. Motojoe is 150 miles away, so let's not start too early.

How about 11:30?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That'll work for me, if I leave by 8am I should be there on time.

If there is anyone that wants to meet me on the way up, you are more than welcome to join me. Shoot me a PM.

Joe:thumbup:

MUTCHYMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Noooo! I was really looking to get to a gathering/ride but I will be in Baltimore the 4th :( That is a great area; I am sure it will be a good time!

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
How come you sold the FZ?? (nothing wrong with that.. just curious).
.[

For the same reason why I don't buy a great car without abs, seatbelt and airbags. I love the FZ6. One of the most beautiful motorcycles out there, comfortable, great engine, powerful (more then enough for me at least) but the fact that you can't get the safety futures, even if willing to pay for made me sell it. If yamaha makes something like the FZ6 or even smaller with all the technology of a BMW, I'll buy tomorrow.

Last edited:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site

Theres a dealer around where I am that has a super ten... bit of a drive from Brooklyn though! :spank:

On topic: Wish i could go with you guys but just started work and won't have a bike for another month or so :( Have fun though and i'll definitely be in for the next one you guys do!

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Let's figure out start time now. Motojoe is 150 miles away, so let's not start too early.

How about 11:30?

A few of us will be coming from long island so its a trek to get there so of course we'd rather start earlier than 11 when we get to you but id say we will go with the majority.