07 FZ6 S2 help

JakeFazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

My FZ6 seems to be having a few problems. I went to start my bike up after leaving it parked for a few hours. I came back and went to start the engine but it didn't. The ignition works but the engine doesn't start. I also noticed that the immobilizer light was flashing even with the keys in. At first I though someone had tried to steal it but there are no signs that.

After trying to get it to start for a few minutes,(taking the key out and then back in) it eventually starts. So of it go...

2 mins later the speedo, rev counter,temperature light and the computer fault light comes on. Er-1 and ER-2 error messages alternating which is an ECU malfunction and "HI" being displayed but the bike is still running.

I pull up and stop the engine and wait a few minutes. Bike won't start for the first 50 times I tried(was getting worried about battery) but it eventually starts up. but the same thing happened immedietly, lots of error messages. But them it randomly works then not, when im stationary it has wild mph readings.

Anyway, I need to know whether or not it will be covered by the warrenty because I have next to no money (being only 20 and in full time education). Makes me really regret buying new and the FZ6 even though I love the bike I should have just got somthing cheaper and not as great. Any ideas on what to do? Will this be expensive.

Thanks guys. Ive been reading here alot but this is my first post. Shame it has to be negative!

Any help will be amazing!:Sport:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

My FZ6 seems to be having a few problems. I went to start my bike up after leaving it parked for a few hours. I came back and went to start the engine but it didn't. The ignition works but the engine doesn't start. I also noticed that the immobilizer light was flashing even with the keys in. At first I though someone had tried to steal it but there are no signs that.

After trying to get it to start for a few minutes,(taking the key out and then back in) it eventually starts. So of it go...

2 mins later the speedo, rev counter,temperature light and the computer fault light comes on. Er-1 and ER-2 error messages alternating which is an ECU malfunction and "HI" being displayed but the bike is still running.

I pull up and stop the engine and wait a few minutes. Bike won't start for the first 50 times I tried(was getting worried about battery) but it eventually starts up. but the same thing happened immedietly, lots of error messages. But them it randomly works then not, when im stationary it has wild mph readings.

Anyway, I need to know whether or not it will be covered by the warrenty because I have next to no money (being only 20 and in full time education). Makes me really regret buying new and the FZ6 even though I love the bike I should have just got somthing cheaper and not as great. Any ideas on what to do? Will this be expensive.

Thanks guys. Ive been reading here alot but this is my first post. Shame it has to be negative!

Any help will be amazing!:Sport:

Definately sounds like a warranty issue, are you within your first year? if so then no worries, just head to your shop and have them take a peek at her.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All new road legal (street-based) Yamaha scooters and motorcycles of 51cc and above come with the reassurance of a comprehensive, free warranty with unlimited mileage for a full two years.

Get the dealer to fix it.