Hard Luggage - What & How Much?

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
So, just wondering what kind of hard luggage y'all have, how it works, how much it cost, and where you found each piece. Not terribly interested in Top Boxes unless it is something unique :)

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
So, just wondering what kind of hard luggage y'all have, how it works, how much it cost, and where you found each piece. Not terribly interested in Top Boxes unless it is something unique :)

I have Givi E21's and so far I really like them! I have soft bags that held more, but having the ability to lock your stuff and keep it dry is definitely worth the money!

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site

I have Givi E21's and so far I really like them! I have soft bags that held more, but having the ability to lock your stuff and keep it dry is definitely worth the money! These are the lowest priced option for side cases, and the bracket was around $150..can't really remember. Having problems uploading pics, but I posted them in the touring section just a few months back.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
E21's here, plus whatever the biggest topcase Givi makes (with integrated brake lights). My thinkingwas this... Just having the side cases on is a lot of storage (rainproof, locking, nice...), and for those days you want A LOT of storage (or a backrest, as has been mentioned), then you want the big daddy top case. No top case looks "good." You may as well install the top case bracket and order the ginormous one with brake lights, because the extra room is incredible (2 full-face helmets, or a 24 pack of bottled beer + extra space), and getting 2x bright brake lights up at eyeball level is NICE. I normally ride with just the E21's, and I've never really wished I had bigger bags. And they're the cheapest option for side bags.

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the E52 topcase -- I'm eventually going to fill in some side cases as well, but have yet to decide which ones I really want.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
See, I've already got a givi topcase - the e30n with the monolock base.

It sits on top of Ventura L- brackets that I modified to suit both S1/2.

I realize I'm going to have to ditch the l-brackets, and want something that I can leave on all day every day. Cost is always a consideration as well of course.

Phase-R_SiX

Ízi rájder
Reaction score
www.bikepics.com
Hello guys!

I'm new here. I'm hungarian, sorry for my bad grammar.
I tried to find the best topic for my question, but... you know, I'm lost. :)
So, I have PL351 Racks with E41N boxes, and as you can see in the following picture -> BikePics - 2006 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer there is a... (i dont know its name :D) what holds the turning lights. I really dont like them... ugly.
Aaand I would like to instert them under my top rack like in the PLX351 -> (GIVI PLX351+351 Kit - PLX Series Sidecase Mounting Kit-Yamaha FZ6 (04-06))
But I havent got a mounting KIT... and I CANT get one of them. Can you tell me, how can I make a kit like that? And how can I put up the cables?
I am really appreciate your help!

Zs.

Last edited:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys!

I'm new here. I'm hungarian, sorry for my bad grammar.

Hello, no problem, your English is way better than my Hungarian :)

I tried to find the best topic for my question, but... you know, I'm lost. :)
So, I have PL351 Racks with E41N boxes, and as you can see in the following picture -> BikePics - 2006 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer there is a... (i dont know its name :D) what holds the turning lights. I really dont like them... ugly.

If you are referring to the metal brackets which extend the turn signals to the rear so that they clear the cases, I would call them extender brackets. I have never seen ones quite like yours, the ones that came with my pl360 mounting kit are kind of Z-shaped and are designed to fasten to the stock turn signal mounting holes in the fender. But no matter if you do not like them.

Aaand I would like to instert them under my top rack like in the PLX351 -> (GIVI PLX351+351 Kit - PLX Series Sidecase Mounting Kit-Yamaha FZ6 (04-06))
But I havent got a mounting KIT... and I CANT get one of them. Can you tell me, how can I make a kit like that? And how can I put up the cables?
I am really appreciate your help!

Zs.

I don't think I can help with mounting as shown in the picture at your link. That is something else I have never seen. If you have the top rack, you should be able to fabricate a bracket out of some suitable metal, 1/8" (3 mm) aluminum or 1/16" (1.5 mm) steel would probably be strong enough. Looks like you have plenty of wire to move them up there with no need to extend. If there is any extra, you could probably just pull it under the left side pod cover where the rear signal connectors are located.

As an alternative, it looks like you might have enough room to move the stock signals back to their stock locations on the fender if you remove the rubber portion of the turn signal stalk and bolt them up directly as illustrated below. You will also need to fabricate a little egg-shaped plate to put between the signal stalk base and the fender to serve as a washer. On the inside you can just use a round washer with a hole big enough to fit over the bolt in the turn signal stalk. This is the method I used to mount the stock signals with my pl360 rack, but I have a fender eliminator that has the signal mounting points somewhat narrower than the stock fender. After I photo-shopped the picture below, I can see that this looks very tight and may not be possible.

attachment.php

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I have a Yamaha top box - 46 litre.

You should be interested in them - they can hold a slab :rockon:

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, the beer's not for me :shakehead: It's for Mike.

BUT, if I could be bothered, I'd ride down and buy a carton of Monteith Black, just for me. That'll fit :steve:

HappyHighwayman

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to resurrect an old thread...

I have a 2005 FZ6 with Givi V46 top case. I want to install the Givi PL351 side racks.

My question is do any cases in the "E" series work with those side racks, or are the E21s the only compatible bags?

The E21s are very cheap but they're pretty small.

Edit: I noticed the lin above GIVI PLX351+351 Kit - PLX Series Sidecase Mounting Kit-Yamaha FZ6 (04-06) ...will this work with my existing setup allowing e to get the V35s?

Last edited:

Squiz

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also curious about the E21 luggage setup and what Givi adapter kit is needed. I don't want a top-case since I carry a passenger at times and how does the kit mount to an aftermarket exhaust (Two Bro's) versus stock?

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got shad 50 along with the Sh-43 Side cases en route from cycleluggage.com.

I'll post up whenever I install.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk