road trip

Atanur

Reaction score
Visit site
im pretty new but i was wondering if 200 miles on a trip is fine with the fz6 bikes? my dad keeps telling me if i really ride the trip my bike would be pretty much crap after that. i figured id ask people because who ride their bikes on trips to get a better idea really

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll probably want to fill up with fuel when you reach your destination. That's about the only thing that's going to happen to your FZ6 after 200 miles... it'll get thirsty. You won't even have to worry about chain maintenance unless you get caught in a storm.

Oh and you'll probably have to wipe the bugs of your fairing and your helmet.

BThomas220

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I did 445 miles Saturday last week. The bike has 26,000 miles on it.

You have nothing to worry about. Just make sure it has oil and all will be good.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We've had members here who have done some epic road trips...check out the "touring & traveling section" and

:welcome: to the group!

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I usually do about 200 miles every saturday and I think that ranks me as a light to moderate rider.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
I think Pops is messing with you....he probably has an extensive landscaping project he wants you to help him with!! A 200 mile trip will be a piece of cake on your FZ6. Happy riding!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to a great forum!

Are you sure Dad's not talkin bout yer butt poopin out by 200 mile? That bike will keep going till you're too pooped to pop! :rockon:

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll find that you'll go further and further as you get some seat time..

I consider a 500 mile day a normal day on my FZ6, but that's me.. Enjoy what you have, and remember that the limiting factor isn't miles, but when you stop having fun.. On a hot and humid day, wearing full gear, 200 is about all I'd want to do.. On a cooler and less humid day, a 800 mile day is nothing.. It's all about personnal comfort.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
200 miles is nothing for these bikes, as long as your machine is well maintained, in good working order and you regulary check your oil, tyres etc

:thumbup:

Atanur

Reaction score
Visit site
oh yea i know that its been totally maintained i had to take my brother everytime he was getting the oil changed and tires put on im going to have 2 new tires and also the oil changed before i leave and i just have to grab a jacket. also no he wasnt messing with me he just think that because its not a cruiser or a harley its not very good going long trips just mostly "intown riding" as he puts it.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
oh yea i know that its been totally maintained i had to take my brother everytime he was getting the oil changed and tires put on im going to have 2 new tires and also the oil changed before i leave and i just have to grab a jacket. also no he wasnt messing with me he just think that because its not a cruiser or a harley its not very good going long trips just mostly "intown riding" as he puts it.

If you had a full sport bike, I might agree with him that 200 miles will be painful for you, not the bike. However, the FZ is a great touring bike. As others have said, >500 miles in a day is no big deal on it as long as your butt isn't hurting too bad from it :eek:

To put in perspective, I've ridden from Orange County to San Francisco (500miles each way) with a week of canyon carving on the SF side, totalling 1500 miles in 6 days. Each directional trip (500 miles) was done in one day per.