Coocase

rexbaum

Reaction score
Visit site
In preparation for a trip to Colorado (from St Louis), I installed a "Coocase" to aid in carrying stuff for the trip.

Overall, I am very impressed with the build quality of the case and the brackets. This case is the one with the integrated brake lights, which are LED. I have not hooked up the electric as of yet, the wires were not long enough. I am going to have to add wire to each lead to make the run up to the battery.

I purchased this from Twistedthrottle.com, and they have a store on Ebay. I bought from their store on Ebay and saved some money.

Here are some pic with the Coocase mounted on my 09 Fz6....

COOCASE1.jpg

COOCASE2.jpg

COOCASE3.jpg

Most friends that ride sport or sport touring bikes like the look, whereas my HD rider buds think it looks goofy - but they think anything looks goofy unless it has a HD brand on it.

:BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm waiting to get one of these surplus cases for the back of my bike...

So many times I've needed a case though.....I hate carrying stuff in back packs etc.

b-awacs03.jpg

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Shouldn't you just need to splice the lights inline with your brake light that's right under the seat? If you do it inline, you shouldn't need a resistor. Just jam the wires in the plug first to see how it reacts. Some LED setups don't do half bright very well.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
That's the Cadillac of cases! I looked long and hard at that case but opted for the Shad 37 topcase and shad topcase rack (Because I'm a bit cheap). The Coocase is a superior case tho and will surely serve you well.

rexbaum

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that the bigger one? I want to get the bigger one, just haven't saved up the money yet. Thanks for the pic's!

No, this is the V28 (28 leter) case. On their ebay store, I got it for just over a hundred bucks. It is the one with the remote/alarm. Not sure a remote is really needed though, I would rarely lock it, unless I was going to be away from the bike for an extended period of time. I'll just use the key.

rexbaum

Reaction score
Visit site
Shouldn't you just need to splice the lights inline with your brake light that's right under the seat? If you do it inline, you shouldn't need a resistor. Just jam the wires in the plug first to see how it reacts. Some LED setups don't do half bright very well.

DownRangeFuture,

You know, you have just proved how valuable forums are. I never even gave than any thought!! Now that I think about it, I suspect the battery hook-up is primarily for the alarm and remote lock/unlock. Hell, it comes with a key! I don't think I would ever have a need for the remote, much less the alarm!

I'm gonna give your theory a shot!!

:thumbup:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
DownRangeFuture,

You know, you have just proved how valuable forums are. I never even gave than any thought!! Now that I think about it, I suspect the battery hook-up is primarily for the alarm and remote lock/unlock. Hell, it comes with a key! I don't think I would ever have a need for the remote, much less the alarm!

I'm gonna give your theory a shot!!

:thumbup:

No problem man. I rewired all my rear lights last night and the brake has 3 wires. One is for the running light, and one is for the brake light, the third is common. I couldn't tell you which is which off the top of my head, but if you pull the side cover off, and just turn the key on, you can just stick the black in the black, then swap the other wire back and forth until the lights on the case turn on.

It should work as a nice switched power supply source too. Just make sure your stock tail light doesn't dim or anything, which it shouldn't. All automotive lighting runs off of 12VDC. Usually just from the battery, through a switch, to the light. :thumbup:

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Best I can tell that SW-Motech rack is only for the S2. It doesn't show in the 04-06 list of "what fits my bike".

Looks like the Shad stuff is the best option for my '04. I don't see a lot of places to purchase it in the U.S.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Best I can tell that SW-Motech rack is only for the S2. It doesn't show in the 04-06 list of "what fits my bike".

Looks like the Shad stuff is the best option for my '04. I don't see a lot of places to purchase it in the U.S.

I just purchased my Shad stuff (Topcase and topcase rack for my 06) from a place called 2ndgearmotorsport.com up here in Canada. He has a sale on Shad, Givi and Coocase right now. I know the Shad stuff was list price less 45%. My rack and Shad 37liter topcase was $200.80(Canadian) picked up, taxes in. Might be worth a look. He may ship also. FWIW.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased my Shad stuff (Topcase and topcase rack for my 06) from a place called 2ndgearmotorsport.com up here in Canada. He has a sale on Shad, Givi and Coocase right now. I know the Shad stuff was list price less 45%. My rack and Shad 37liter topcase was $200.80(Canadian) picked up, taxes in. Might be worth a look. He may ship also. FWIW.

I went to the website you listed, and it has a link to twisted, if you order from 2ndgearmotorsport, are their products cheaper than direct from twisted?

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks, Def. I ended up just ordering this:
SH-42 Topcase 42 Liter Black Top

Thought that was a pretty good deal, plus the rack was pretty cheap there as well and their website wasn't an effing travesty to navigate like many of the others.

I would have made out super cheap if not for adding the backrest for the future wifey :p. This ought to help out a bunch with the commute.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, Def. I ended up just ordering this:
SH-42 Topcase 42 Liter Black Top

Thought that was a pretty good deal, plus the rack was pretty cheap there as well and their website wasn't an effing travesty to navigate like many of the others.

I would have made out super cheap if not for adding the backrest for the future wifey :p. This ought to help out a bunch with the commute.

yup, if Wifey's happy everyone's happy....:D
I viewed the case you bought. It can be used as side cases as well if my memory serves me correctly. Should be nice on the commute.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to the website you listed, and it has a link to twisted, if you order from 2ndgearmotorsport, are their products cheaper than direct from twisted?

I'm not sure about the pricing. If you want to compare Twisted's price with what I bought at 2nd Gear...Topcase-Shad 37- $93.00. Topcase rack-04-06 FZ6- $86.35. That's after discount but before taxes picked up at the store.

The owner stated that he bought out the Shad stuff from another Store because the other store had too many lines of M/C luggage. If you give them a call he could tell you what he's got for what price plus freight. Good luck on your "quest" for luggage.:D