Motobuys.com

bobvilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at a cardo scala rider q2 pro multiset (multiset = a matched pair of bluetooth communicators). Did a google shopping search and found several on sale(retail $390) for around $250 but one stood out claiming "FAST FREE 1 to 3 DAY SHIPPING! LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED!" for $210, I thought sold. Went to the site and was reading through the details of the product and noticed that the word "multiset" was missing from the product description. I was thinking that's a little fishy but the product picture was positively a multiset picture...could even read the words multiset on the box and in front of the box showed two headsets. So my thinking was that it had to be a typo and the multiset word was just left out. Because if it was a single Q2 pro the $210 price would be almost at full retail and couldn't possibly be the "LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED!".

The business was closed but I didn't want to miss out on this great deal and went ahead to purchase the set. Thinking that this might be a single instead of the multiset I put this in the comments of the purchase :

"The picture of this product shows a cardo scala rider q2 pro multiset but your product information doesn't specifically say that it is in fact the "multiset" and not the single. If this is not the cardo scala rider q2 pro multiset please cancel my order."

My thinking is one of three possible outcomes would immerge from my purchase. 1) They would ship me the multiset 2) They will point me to the correct item 3)They will cancel my order. Mid-day Monday I receive a shipping notification and a few days later I get the package to find that it is a single unit. The company tells me that I have to pay to ship it back to them and pay for the cost of them shipping it to me. I will be refunded the remainder (210- shipping).

Am I the one in the wrong? I mean I can even understand me having to pay to ship it back to them but for them to minus the original shipping from my refund seems a bit harsh. Thinking back I could have waited till they were open and called them to make sure before making the purchase. At the same time they could have read my comments. Anyway, this is my story with ATV | Dirt Bikes | Gas Scooters | Go Karts | Accessories - Motobuys .

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You placed it in the notes it's in writing and it falls on them to read it.

That being said they do have the escape route of saying "when you hit submit you are agreeing to the purchase of the item you have purchased". They will say the notes are only to make mention of something with respect to the purchase but not to potentially cancel the purchase itself.