Glendora Ridge Road & Crystal Lake

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Went for a little ride today to see how the RaceTec Spings and new fork oil worked (GREAT) and to break in the EBC HH front brake pads. Took Gendora Ridge Road over to Gendora Canyon East fork and then took the West fork up to Crystal Lake, the lake isn't open just yet but the trading post is, great place to go for lunch and the road up is a lot of fun. Its actually Hwy 39 and is open upto Crystal Lake, road is still closed about 1/4 mile past the lake turn off. Then I road back down San Gabriel Canyon to Azusa for gas(19.9 miles on the your almost out of gas counter), then back up to Glendora Ridge and down Glendora Mountain Road and then slabbed it back home, loads of fun.
Video of Glendora Ridge Road, no music so just hum or play your favorite tune.
YouTube - Glendora Ridge Road

West fork(Hwy 39)
P1000691.jpg

Crystal Lake Trading Post, great place to ride to for lunch, had the home made Chili, yum yum.
P1000697.jpg

The San Gabriel Canyon Reservoir's are FULL
P1000688.jpg

Put 170 miles on the clock and had a blast:thumbup:

Jerry

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool, sounds like fun. It's been years since I've ridden Glendora.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Really nice pics :cheer:

You know what ...

I hate you ...
because I envy you ...
for being able to have such rides in the middle of the week

Keep posting those cool pictures and videos you take and continue making me (us) hate you even more :BLAA: :D

Cheers :thumbup:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jerry, I went up there a couple of days after it reopened in March. I spent some time talking to the owner Adam about his perseverance in waiting for Caltrans to finish road repairs to get any customers. SGVT: News Story 4-2-11

It was wonderful to ride that road after it closure some 6 years ago...

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Those look like some crazy twisties! Spaghetti more like it.
I think its like the Deals Gap of the west only with a bit more danger cause if you go off this road you'll probably not stop rolling for quite a while:BLAA:
Tried to figure out how many curves there are but I need a paper map cause I kept loosing count on Google maps:spank:

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think its like the Deals Gap of the west only with a bit more danger cause if you go off this road you'll probably not stop rolling for quite a while:BLAA:
Tried to figure out how many curves there are but I need a paper map cause I kept loosing count on Google maps:spank:

Jerry

Tell us the truth...You ran out of fingers and toes and had to keep starting over!! :BLAA:

Heading out to your house now!!!! :rockon: