Seeing if anyone is interested FS:2009 FZ6 Raven Edition

1.8tbora

Stealth FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing if anyone is interested FS:2009 FZ6 Black Metallic

________________________________SOLD______________________

Tossing around the idea of selling my Fz6 in hopes to upgrading to something else?? I bought this new last year still has a few months of warranty left, and has a clean and clear title in hand. Bike is absolutly perfect except for a plug in the rear tire, got a nail right after I bought it and there was no way I was replacing a new tire. Plug has been in there for about 2200 miles with no problem. Lots of upgrades that go with the bike as well as all the stock parts.

Bike has 3100 miles and was properly broke in and serviced

Upgrades:Fender eliminator, LED smoke tail light, clear bra on tank, Carbon fiber Remus exhaust, Carbon fiber ankle plates, Dual headlight mod, 12v accessory plug in. LED Rear turn signals, R1 LED mirror block offs. Bar end mirrors, Ebay CNC levers that are actually nice, blacked out rear pegs,front pegs,triple tree and clamp. Yamaha lower cowl. 3M carbon fiber windsheild decal, Corbin seat and backrest build in progress as you read this.

Lowerer cowl has a few scratches and rock ships on it "bought Used" thought about repainting it but you really cannot see any of the flaws.

ASKING $5500////$4500 with out the Remus exhaust, Yamaha lower cowl, and corbin seat

Last edited:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
First, I am going to say that it sounds like you have put a lot of work into this bike. Second, I have seen it a lot of time, you will recover more of your money if you return the bike as close to stock as you can and sell the aftermarket parts separately. I personally think you should keep it for this season and sell it this fall. Whatever, you decide to do best of luck, and if you decide to go closer to stock let me know what you want for the lower cowl.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, really thought I would of had a better response. To high?

I cannot speak for your region of the country; locally however, there are leftover units that dealers are pretty much giving away to get them out the door (aided by Yamaha rebates & incentives) We have local dealerships that still have left-over stock going all the way back to 07'!! Couple this with the relative ease of financing a *new* bike as compared to finding an institution willing to cut a check for used; and you have an unbalanced scale. I think the advice above is sound: Sell off the aftermarket accessories and list the bike in a more palatable range for buyers on the edge of used vs. new.

My 2¢

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
LOL @ "Raven Edition"

Good luck with the sale. Too bad you are jumping ship so soon. This bike is often overlooked. It truly is a versatile machine.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Part everything out.

Hubby has always made more money selling his bikes this way, since he always has soooo many $$$ parts on them :spank:

Good luck :thumbup:

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
'still no takers? for $4,500.00, UNBELIEVABLE...at one point, I also thought of selling my bike too, & it only had like 900 miles on it ( March. 2011). Not even an offer, must be the economy. Or maybe I was asking too much...but with the low mileage and the color, you should be able to sell your bike. Best of luck.

1.8tbora

Stealth FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Is Raven edition a untrue statement? The dealer called it that, and said it was because it is all black.:confused: Truth please, in fear I my look like a idiot right now because of the dealer:(

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Is Raven edition a untrue statement? The dealer called it that, and said it was because it is all black.:confused: Truth please, in fear I my look like a idiot right now because of the dealer:(

Raven is the color so that is correct, I guess the term 'edition' is what is confusing people.

You have a nice bike but as people have said many buyers don't want/need all the extras. That's part of the problem of excessively modding a bike, it usually makes it more and more of a niche vehicle. It may fit you but not the buyer. Personally, I stay away from modded bikes, it just sends up too many flags when I see too many aftermarket parts on a bike. Agree with others to put it back to stock and part the extras out. It's a hassle but the better, faster way to turn your bike into a sale.

Selling a bike is never as easy as you think it will be; too many tire kickers or kids who want you to finance them at $50/mo, that sort of thing. Buying a new bike and extensively modifying it like you have, and then wanting to sell it in less than a year is a recipe for a huge financial loss.

Last edited:

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Pls don't refer to your blk bike as "Raven" - Sportbikes.net

Thought the raven banter was on here but it was on sbn.

Raven is the word yamaha uses for black it is not a special edition. At the shop we always joke about the people who say they have the special edition raven bike. Usually it is an r6 which is again not a special edition but just a black bike.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I haz silver edition! :BLAA:, Good luck with sale, most people have the bike already on here, but you never know...

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Hey, bora, what are you wanting to buy? If it is something we sell, I can make sure we do the best we can on taking good care of you.

1.8tbora

Stealth FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
I do a lot of 2up riding with my wife, and last week we cruised up to our property about 230 miles round trip, and are asses were killing us. So that being said my thought is more of a crusier like a victory or a Harley. Love the fz when I am on it by myself, but the wife always wants to go with. Let me know what surdyke could do if I put it back to stock, really dig the HD deluxe model.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I do a lot of 2up riding with my wife, and last week we cruised up to our property about 230 miles round trip, and are asses were killing us. So that being said my thought is more of a crusier like a victory or a Harley. Love the fz when I am on it by myself, but the wife always wants to go with. Let me know what surdyke could do if I put it back to stock, really dig the HD deluxe model.

First off let me say that I HATE HD! They are outdated, underpowered, poor handling, over priced, piles of scrap metal.

Ok. Now that that is out of the way, you seriously should come down and ride a Victory. They are an American bike that is everything a Harley isn't and more. Seriously. There are three out now that I would own if money was no object. I would have a Vision, a Cross Country and a High Ball.

We encourage test rides so if you can, swing down and you can ride anything you want.

Oh, and that Harley dealership is not where I work. They are a few miles down the road. We are Yamaha, Polaris, Victory and KTM.

I will be in by 10 today if you want to give me a holler. 636-931-9166 is the shop phone. Ask for Dirk.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site

Have you looked at the FJR? Plenty of space for the two of you yet you can pull the hard luggage off and have a semi-sport bike for the weekends. I don't think you really want a cruiser type of bike, they won't be any more comfortable than the FZ. And HD, eh, no.