NEW R/C Racing VIDEO Check it out !!

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my big laptop fixed,so now I can mix videos again..... BUT I lost most of my footage.... so heres what i was able to salvage... Tell what you think!! :rockon: :rockon:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzW6uJRu5pE"]YouTube - traxxas slash dirt racing[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the DeWalt sprintcar at the start of the vid mate thats awesome :thumbup: Looks like countless hours of laughs & fun to me & there aint nothing wrong with that now :D

Brilliant soundtrack too :rockon:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the DeWalt sprintcar at the start of the vid mate thats awesome :thumbup: Looks like countless hours of laughs & fun to me & there aint nothing wrong with that now :D

Brilliant soundtrack too :rockon:
Thankyou Dan !! :D I have a technic for picking the songs for my vid's.... I watch the footage full length with no sound :smoking: and go through my brains song library,and pick a few possibles and lay em down with the film,then I start editing to fit the music once I have a winner.... :rockon: :rockon: :BLAA:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap those suckers are FAST!! Very cool!

I used to have all Nitro cars years ago,and i quit racing because i got tired of em breaking down all the time.... then my brother got me back into it when he bought an electric car like i had for my daughter and we started trying to get faster than each other,and we found BRUSHLESS motors and LIPO batteries and Erci honestly I turned into a total JUNKIE !! :BLAA: I can't stop!! I just keep modifying these things and trying to go faster !! :D :rockon: It is the funnest hobby i've ever had !! :Flash:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to have all Nitro cars years ago,and i quit racing because i got tired of em breaking down all the time.... then my brother got me back into it when he bought an electric car like i had for my daughter and we started trying to get faster than each other,and we found BRUSHLESS motors and LIPO batteries and Erci honestly I turned into a total JUNKIE !! :BLAA: I can't stop!! I just keep modifying these things and trying to go faster !! :D :rockon: It is the funnest hobby i've ever had !! :Flash:

Donny,
Are those like high frequency ac motors....?

Music is so good! Love the 60 cycle hum on his amp in the start of the song...

Last edited:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I raced R/C for many years. One of the classes was 1/8 4wd on-road. At one of the national events I was at a few of the cars were hitting just over 80 mph in the straight. Some of the fastest laps were being made after the 40 minute mark.

I loved racing but it was getting way too expensive.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Donny,
Are those like high frequency ac motors....

Music is so good! Love the 60 cycle hum on his amp in the start of the song...
I copied this from wikipedia Cliff ..... :BLAA:
(Brushless DC motors (BLDC motors, BL motors) also known as electronically commutated motors (ECMs, EC motors) are synchronous electric motors powered by direct-current (DC) electricity and having electronic commutation systems, rather than mechanical commutators and brushes. The current-to-torque and frequency-to-speed relationships of BLDC motors are linear.)
the way I know to explain it is the ESC or (Electronic Speed Control) is a micro computer that diverts the flow of electricty to the windings to make the permanent magnet move in the desired direction .the complete opposite of the common brushed motor. the magnet is in the middle of the brushless motor attached to the rotor..... ... I think yea it is alot like a AC motor Cliff !! :rockon: heres some more WIKI .....
BLDC motors offer several advantages over brushed DC motors, including more torque per weight and efficiency[citation needed], reliability, reduced noise, longer lifetime (no brush and commutator erosion), elimination of ionizing sparks from the commutator, more power, and overall reduction of electromagnetic interference (EMI). With no windings on the rotor, they are not subjected to centrifugal forces, and because the windings are supported by the housing, they can be cooled by conduction, requiring no airflow inside the motor for cooling. This in turn means that the motor's internals can be entirely enclosed and protected from dirt or other foreign matter.

The maximum power that can be applied to a BLDC motor is exceptionally high, limited almost exclusively by heat, which can weaken the magnets. (Magnets demagnetize at high temperatures, the Curie point, and for neodymium-iron-boron magnets this temperature is lower than for other types.) A BLDC motor's main disadvantage is higher cost, which arises from two issues. First, BLDC motors require complex electronic speed controllers to run. Brushed DC motors can be regulated by a comparatively simple controller, such as a rheostat (variable resistor). However, this reduces efficiency because power is wasted in the rheostat. Second, some practical uses have not been well developed in the commercial sector. For example, in the Radio Control (RC) hobby, even commercial brushless motors are often hand-wound while brushed motors use armature coils which can be inexpensively machine-wound. (Nevertheless, see "Applications", below.)

BLDC motors are often more efficient at converting electricity into mechanical power than brushed DC motors. This improvement is largely due to the absence of electrical and friction losses due to brushes. The enhanced efficiency is greatest in the no-load and low-load region of the motor's performance curve. Under high mechanical loads, BLDC motors and high-quality brushed motors are comparable in efficiency.

AC induction motors require induction of magnetic field in the rotor by the rotating field of the stator; this results in the magnetic and electric fields being out of phase. The phase difference requires greater current and current losses to achieve power. BLDC motors are microprocessor-controlled to keep the stator current in phase with the permanent magnets of the rotor, requiring less current for the same effect and therefore resulting in greater efficiency.

In general, manufacturers use brush-type DC motors when low system cost is a priority but brushless motors to fulfill requirements such as maintenance-free operation, high speeds, and operation in explosive environments where sparking could be hazardous.

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to mess around with this at a young age (obviously not anywhere near that level), but I liked that we had a 15-minute battery charger and spare batteries, so we never stopped... just hours of racing around the neighborhood.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like it.

I think there's another hobby for me :rockon:

I used to mess around with this at a young age (obviously not anywhere near that level), but I liked that we had a 15-minute battery charger and spare batteries, so we never stopped... just hours of racing around the neighborhood.

Yall should get one of these Cheap Clones of my Traxxas Slash 4x4 ..... they are not junkie by no means !! they are made in china thats why they are so cheap,Everyone I race with including me use the Turnigy Lipo batteries,and we will eventualy all have one of the trucks set up as a dirt oval late model.... tell me what you think.... HobbyKing Online R/C Hobby Store : 1/10 Brushless 4WD Short Course Truck (Red)

Last edited: