CHEAP Oil Filter Wrench

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
My local Yamaha dealer wants $23.95 or $26.99 US for an Oil filter wrench, I can't remember which it was, I guess I was in shock,I don't know! Today I went to my local Harbor Freight store for a rubber coated magnetic pan to hold nuts and bolts while changing my gas tank and I happened to notice a 4-pack of oil filter wrenches of various sizes, for, are you ready? $6.99! :rockon: Item # 94096, made by central forge. They aren't the best, not machined from billet, but die-cast with what appears to be a high-quality zinc-type metal. They each fit multiple sizes,one being 65-68MM,14 flats, another74-76MM,74MM,15 flats 76MM,14 flats, another 80MM,30 flats and the largest 93MM,36 flats. The tools are made for a 3/8 inch ratchet or a 3/4 inch socket so you can torque the filter properly. The store has a 90 day return policy and a 90 day warranty. The small one seemed to fit my filter(the clerk let me take them out to the lot to try them for fit) I should know more this weekend if things go as I hope(gonna' service the bike) Rich AKA Wildcat_drvr EDIT: Mods you may want to move this to tools. I didn't realize I was in the oil thread.(Wondered why I was having a hard time typing)

Last edited:

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
A K&N oil filter and an 11 mm box wrench is the ONLY tool you need to change your oil and filter. It's the only way to go, imo. I've had it with crappy oil filter wrenches that fail on Saturday morning and then you run about at differrent places to get some sort of wrench to work, and by that time who wants to go riding.