Review of HJC FS10 (FS-10) Helmet

Live4Snow

Reaction score
Visit site
When I first looked for a helmet, I had a few criteria in mind, first it had to be reasonably priced (under 200 usd). I couldn't break the bank on a helmet. I looked for one with a plain color and no graphic. And at first I looked at those half flip helmets but the style on most seemed outdated. I also wanted relatively cheap interchangeable face shields so that i could get a tinted visor also.

I settled on the HJC FS-10
4a31562aafa1ceac9392e09275019f30_rough.jpg

I was able to pick it up from a store on ebay that was going out of business for 160 bucks shipped. Retail I think is about 230. :D

The thing that sold me on it was the flip down sunglasses. No need for lenses!:rockon:

It seriously looks like a fighter pilot with the breath guard in place and the glasses down. The glasses are super easy to move down and are on a spring so that they flip up with the press of a button.The only bad thing is that when I look in the side view mirrors, the mirror tends to be right where the bottom of the lens stops and it distorts it a bit but anything horrible. The color is great though and shades very well while not making it too dark.

Vents great above 5-10 mph. Slight fog when stopped but only in cooler weather.

Wind noise is a little bit more than a previous HJC I had but for the features, I think its worth it. I recommend this to anyone looking for a helmet but not wanting to buy 2 lenses.

Also I heard they just came out with a flip up (modular?) one with the glasses called FS-MAX.

They also have one with a carbon fiber look but is a bit more expensive.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a new helmet.

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Thanks for the post...I've been thinking about getting one of these. I wish I would have known about the $160 price tag...are they still on sale at this ebay store?

Live4Snow

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the post...I've been thinking about getting one of these. I wish I would have known about the $160 price tag...are they still on sale at this ebay store?

I doubt that they are. They were fed up with ebays rules and regulations so they were liquidating, or so they said.
eBay My World - helmetdepot

They seem to have some deal on others like Scopion as well.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Got mine in Fossil Blue for $178 shipped and its awesome and the antifog shields and the flip down glares are the best features.

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
I've just picked up one of these in 'Smoke II' colours, highly recommended. The only thing that lets it down for me is the increased wind noise for me, giving it an 8/10. Otherwise it would be 9.5/10. Fantastic.

But I had to pay £200 though :(

nsharp

Reaction score
Visit site
Word to the wise...greasy fingers don't play well with the rubberized helmet skin. Overall, I'm quite pleased with this helmet...I utilize all the components, including the chin deflector.