Found a good deal on Saddlebags

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking around and found this on Ebay for Teknic saddlebags. This guy is selling them for $39 for the speedstar or the deluxe versions. they retail for $129 ( i did some online searching and thought that some of you might like to take advantage). I ordered mine and will let you know what i think when i get them.

Speedstar (the ones i ordered):
eBay Motors: Set of TEKNICS Speedstar Sportbike Saddlebags-NEW! (item 300193233361 end time Apr-22-08 08:49:22 PDT)

Deluxe (233 available):
eBay Motors: TEKNICS Deluxe Sportbike Saddlebags-NEW! (item 280187170118 end time Apr-25-08 08:34:03 PDT)

I am in no way associated with this guy so i am not advertising, i just thought that some of you might like some affordable bags from a reputable gear manufacturer.

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great find - if possible, could you post some pics of them on the bike when you get them?

I looked at the pics on the ebay page and they are kind of 'smallish'

Would like to see them on the FZ6 - Thanks!

*edit - just saw your second post that helps - but would still like to see them on the FZ if possible

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will definitely get some pics as soon as i get them. I still owe some pics of the Coretec's that my wife bought for her SV, I will be sure to do both at the same time. In the mean time check the other post i had, they have clickable thumbnails and a decent picture of the bags.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Reiobard, I don't mean to hijack this thread. Looking at your avatar I could not help but notice your bike's left headlamp :thumbup: Are running an HID kit, or is that an extra white Sylvania bulb?

Bryan

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet, been looking for some bags for my back and fourth to work travels. I will check this out.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Reiobard, I don't mean to hijack this thread. Looking at your avatar I could not help but notice your bike's left headlamp :thumbup: Are running an HID kit, or is that an extra white Sylvania bulb?

It is an HID kit. Eventually he wants to do the HID conversion to the other side as well, but money's tight.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is an HID kit. Eventually he wants to do the HID conversion to the other side as well, but money's tight.

Yup. what she said. i want to see what the difference is at night, but it gets too cold at night still to ride so i haven't made any final decisions. I will probably do the Hi/Low HID on the other side and leave the low beam side as strictly a low beam side. Since the thread has been hijacked...

Does anyone know if one can run 2 HID bulbs off of one ballast?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The bags are here, but I'm waiting so that he can open them for himself. Aren't I nice?

I appreciate that dear. You know that these guys are going to want us to go to the garage and take some pics on the bike tonight right? We'll do that after a few drinks ;-) Just no riding after drinks. (rain/snow tonight anyway)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will definitely get some pics as soon as i get them. I still owe some pics of the Coretec's that my wife bought for her SV, I will be sure to do both at the same time. In the mean time check the other post i had, they have clickable thumbnails and a decent picture of the bags.
At that price, you get what you pay for. Give them a go.If they last two seasons then its money well spent. I have a similar styled luggage from oxford. I got £30.00 off retail price. I love them . The down side is. You need to dry pack your kit as I lost the rain covers doing 130mph.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
At that price, you get what you pay for. Give them a go.If they last two seasons then its money well spent. I have a similar styled luggage from oxford. I got £30.00 off retail price. I love them . The down side is. You need to dry pack your kit as I lost the rain covers doing 130mph.

well The bags look awesome, (i will head down to the garage after this drink for pictures.) High quality and i actually like some of the thing about them more than the coretec's that keira has.... They get really big when they are unzipped and seem like High quality bags.

They sell for $130 so they sell and review as good equipment.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, i took some pictures and they seem to fit well.. I am pleased with them. here are the pictures i took, they get pretty big when expanded and they are normal size when zipped up.

I think for $48 shipped they were the deal of a lifetime...

bags008.jpg

bags007.jpg

bags006.jpg

bags005.jpg

bags004.jpg

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet,
Can you put anything under the straps to protect the rear side pods from friction?

haasfam

Reaction score
Visit site
Those look great. Now I am really can't wait for mine to come. I have been looking for something that looks good, holds up well(hopefully), and didn't break the bank(wife doesn't want me spending much on the bike). These look like they are going to hopefully meet all of that. Were they easy to install?

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Those look great. Now I am really can't wait for mine to come. I have been looking for something that looks good, holds up well(hopefully), and didn't break the bank(wife doesn't want me spending much on the bike). These look like they are going to hopefully meet all of that. Were they easy to install?

They took us about 15 seconds to get them on. Just pop the seat off, toss the bags on, and pop the seat back on. A couple clips and done. Of course you may prefer to take the minute or two and put the straps through the grabbars on the back, we didn't take that time last night.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet,
Can you put anything under the straps to protect the rear side pods from friction?

the back side of the bags is a soft felt like material that should protect from scratching, but i am sure that you can put something else there if you so desire.