Fatbikez

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I just thought that I would share my experience with US based 'Fatbikez' with you all. The day I bought my motorcycle (one month ago today) I also purchased a fender eliminator kit from Fatbikez - it was $75, but included the rear plate light and mini indicators.

First off, I was charged $20 for shipping to Aus that was supposed to be free. Took three days to get a refund. Took me three weeks before I got impatient waiting - I emailed the seller and waited a few days for a response.

Response was along the lines of 'sorry you didn't get a tracking number - one will be forwarded to you in about a half hour'... Two days later I was still waiting

Emailed again with something like 'I'm still waiting for my tracking number... Purchased from you as i was hoping for good service from an established business'... Then the following day sent 'STILL WAITING' - got an email back after another day or so of wait 'sorry, our Internet was down, you will receive the tracking number in a few hours, i have to call my supplier as they shipped the part.' That was yesterday. I've since sent another email with '?'

What do you reckon? Yep, I'm still waiting, for my kit, and my reply

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Kazza...

I just sent them an email with the equivalent of 'I am unimpressed. I want better service or I will not trade again, nor will I recommend you to anyone on my forums of over 20000 people'. He replied that he would today refund $30 of my $75, I will still keep the fender kit if it ever gets here, and he is sending me some tankpads or bar ends as well. If it weren't for you guys... :)

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Refund of $30 plus a pair of $40 yoshimura bar ends. So that'd be a $5 fender eliminator - take that all you boys who made one for a few dollars!

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Never got the $30 refund - he tried to tell me that he meant either a refund or the bar ends. Fender kit looked fantastic, then one of the indicators blew, and the bar ends are for an r6 and don't come with any of the fixing hardware - just a weight with no inner or tightening screw.

Jabarker

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Fatbikez also. I had a horrible time with them. See my vendor review....

http://www.600riders.com/forum/vendor-reviews/37034-fatbikez-com.html

It took forever to get my refund.... first because they no longer used the credit card system..... and then because their internet was down. They also seem to have a habit of drop shipping orders without giving buyers a heads up that they don't actually have the product in their possession.

Also forgot to mention that I dealt with the owner, Doug. Some of his emails were sent via his blackberry ("Sent From MY Blackberry" at the end). Replies in the beginning were very quick and at the end they took forever. He's good at stalling.

Just a reminder to everyone how important it is to research where you're ordering from before you buy.

Last edited:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Fatbikez also. I had a horrible time with them. See my vendor review....

http://www.600riders.com/forum/vendor-reviews/37034-fatbikez-com.html

It took forever to get my refund.... first because they no longer used the credit card system..... and then because their internet was down. They also seem to have a habit of drop shipping orders without giving buyers a heads up that they don't actually have the product in their possession.

Also forgot to mention that I dealt with the owner, Doug. Some of his emails were sent via his blackberry ("Sent From MY Blackberry" at the end). Replies in the beginning were very quick and at the end they took forever. He's good at stalling.

Just a reminder to everyone how important it is to research where you're ordering from before you buy.

Yeah, I dealt with Doug too, and he was and is completely useless. Crappy vendor, and I think we should spam the Internet with such info

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Sent him a picture of the two bar ends side by side - he replied that I should try and see if a machinist can make them fit... I was not terribly polite in my reply.

HOW WOULD A MACHINIST BEND IT TO FIT? There are no retaining screws, and nothing needs to be bent?! I'll probably just use the crap as a paperweight, as they are of ABSOLUTELY no use to me.

I appreciate your attempts at sorting out my first handful problems that I experienced with your products, but am reasonably fed up with your uncommitted service and product support.

I will definitely not be shopping again, nor will anyone that I encounter. I sincerely hope that your business may fail in this poor economic climate.

Rian

Too much?!

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I dealt with them when I was fixing up my bike a few months back. He took my money right away and never shipped anything. After a few emails back and forth, he finally admits he doesn't have any in stock and he is waiting on the manufaturer to make more to ship to him. I asked for a refund and got a refund within 30 minutes.

At least he was nice, (besides negleting to inform me of not having stock on hand), and the refund was fast. Wouldn't use him. Even though according to him, he's in the military out of Norfolk. Probably Navy, if he's even in.