PJ's Parts-A new customer for life

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Too often we are quick to point out the bad and not the good, myself included. So I feel compelled to let everyone know that I felt treated as a valued customer and feel like they went above and beyond.

I had decided to go the FZ1 bar route and instead of reusing stock grips, decided to "upgrade". Searched the net and forum, saw a pot by CCHouskey on his grips and vendor, and went on to PJ's site. Low and behold, the Rizoma grips I was looking for were on the site for a price that was competitive; if not the best. Based on some pictures, decided to go with the blue for my 09 Blue. A few days after the easy transaction, my package arrives. I open it up, hold them to the bike, and realize the blue is just too light to be a match and not different enough to be obvious (if that makes any sense). The picture I saw of CCHOUSEKEY's is an 07 I believe, a little lighter than the purple blue of the 09. My fault, but now I've opened up the package.

I email PJ and ask what my options are. They very kindly tell me that as long as I didn't destroy the original package, I could get a refund minus a few bucks and they could resell it as an open item for a few bucks off retail. Great, I'm happy: I immediately order the black grips from them. :)

Up until this point, I'm very satisfied, but this is where I was really impressed. On the order for black, I put down express shipping, as I already felt delayed because I would have to wait, kind of like a kid at Christmas who has to wait until stores reopen to exchange something. Well, that night, I get this email:

"Hi Jeff.

I tried to call and missed you - Express would be $28, and Our regular priority mail would be $7 and get these to you in 2 days - are you sure you want Express? Let us know-we're working remotely right now and will only be online for a little while until tomorrow morning.. I'm sending you an invoice based on the priority mail rate.. but could edit it if you like."

I believe they were working remotely as their Internet was down. How is that for going the extra mile? Not only were they trying to save me money when not necessary to do so (I had requested the Express), but when they couldn't reach me on my home phone, they even emailed! As I said, I'll now look to them first before searching other vendors.

Sorry for the lengthy post; I just felt compelled to share. And if any of you are looking for Rizoma grips, please check them out.

Scorpio

P.S. A picture of the grip against the 09:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: